- YEARS GONE BY -

Argus will always remember his first year at Hogwarts School of witch craft and wizardry, to be the best nine months of his entire life. Rowena becoming a cat surprisingly made the two friends even closer, now that they shared a secret that no one could ever find out -otherwise they'd both be in a lot of trouble.

Rowena now often disappeared from time to time, especially on weekends. Her loyal Kitten, Lucina always could be found by her side, even when she took human form again. 

Sometimes Rowena would even play tricks on whoever was meanest to Argus that day and then sneak into the boys Hufflepuff common room in the dead of night where she and Argus would laugh about it until the early mornings.

His future had started to look promising in the wizarding world that year and he never took one day for granted like his brother did. After returning to school after the Christmas holidays Sebastian and his friends had become more meaningful than ever.  And to make matters worse as months passed by and the first year exams came and went, Argus learnt to his dismay he had failed every test apart from muggle studies.  On over hearing Argus's bad  new, Sebastian took it upon himself to make sure the whole school knew just how much of a squib his little brother was and he had become more unpopular over night. Even his only friend in the whole of hufflepuff house and his only other friend apart from Rowena,  Theo Fuller had started to avoid him and instead had befriended, Lution and the boy who's name Argus could never remember until now, Albert Haywood. Argus highly suspected this new alliance was all down to the fact that both Lution and Albert had a taste for Professor Flitwick's delicious cupcakes.  All in all, Argus found himself counting down the school days and  couldn't wait for the summer holidays to start.

But his biggest surprise was yet to come. Even bigger than finding his Hogwarts acceptances letter them many months previous... which seemed like forever ago to Argus now.

Just as Argus and Rowena stepped off the Hogwarts express ready to say farewell to one another, their trunks suddenly fell from their grips with a crashing thud on the floor. Their jaws dropping open.

Waiting in front of them on platform nine and three quarters, hand in hand stood no other then Connie and Daphne smiling down at them.

Rowena and Argus looked from her father's beaming face to his Mothers pink one. Daphne looked happier than ever before.

"Hello children" Connie finally broke the silence, he knelt on the ground in front of Rowena and healed out his arms to her.

Without a word Rowena fell into her father's arms, happy tears forming in her eyes.

"Oh papa I missed you so much!" she laughed.

"I missed you too my little Ravenclaw. I can't tell you how proud I am of you already"

Argus and his mother watched the heart felt scene in front of them. Finally looking at each other in the eye they both smiled somewhat shyly...

"Why don't we give father and daughter some space Argus? After all we have lots to talk about"

Argus nodded and followed his mother who walked a few steps away.

"Argus I don't know if this will be bad news to you or just... well sad."

"You and Rowena's dad... you were holding hands."

Daphne nodded. "Yes, we do that a lot now."

"Why?" Argus asked, still unsure what all this meant.

"Argus... I...I've left your father! I didn't want to tell you in our letters because... well I wanted to tell you myself, so I could answer any of your questions right away."