Nine of swords

Vegeta really should've been more concerned with the fact that he should be drowning and yet the beautiful creature watching him from the other side of the glass cage occupied all of the prince's focus .He watched as she slid her small delicate hands across the glass. Her soft blue orbs watching him. If it had been anyone else he would've lashed out and tried to scare them off , but it was her so he just watched. She removed one hand from the glass to brush a stray bit of hair out of her eyes , as she did so she looked down at the ground giving a sweet smile.
My Bulma . he thought distantly as she looked back at him with kind accepting eyes.
Then in a flash a beam of energy ripped through her core causing her to spit blood on the glass as her bright beautiful eyes called out for help before she went crashing to the ground.
Gasping for air he banged on the glass of his cage that held the water in and her quickly dying body out.
His scream shattered the dream as he shot up in the bed he shared with his wife. Bulma had been woken up by her husband's tossing and turning.
Vegeta quickly grabbed the sides of bulma's face. He probably used a bit more force than he should've but at this point he had to make sure that she was ok, safe, alive ,and that he hadn't hurt her without meaning too. His heartbeat and breathing were faster than they should've been because of his panic.His eyes were wide and searching hers for any sign of injury.
"Vegeta I'm fine" Bulma whispered trying to reassure him.
He pulled her into a tight hug as one of his hands threaded itself into her soft hair the other was on her back feeling the steady rise and fall signifying that she was breathing. He focused on that and eventually his heart rate went back to normal.
"If I had killed you that day... " he began but Bulma quickly cut him off.
"Stop that" she said pulling away from his chest so that she could look into his dark obsidian eyes " that wasn't you at the arena that day"
"It was close enough"
"You're still having that same dream aren't you?"
He turned his head away from her and closed his eyes refusing to answer his lips were drawn into a hard line he was struggling to keep his face an unreadable mask.
"Aren't you!" she said with a little more force.
Bulma understood many of Vegeta's mannerisms that came from a childhood of being told he was royalty but being treated as a slave. She also knew that the nightmares of his days serving under freeza may never go away ,But what she couldn't understand was why he dreamt of not being able to save her. Why couldn't he see that she had long since forgiven him for what babbity made him do.
"when are you going to let it go and realize that I trust you not to kill me" bulma shouted.
And with that he got up from the bed letting it bounce from the force of him leaving the bed. Then he left the room slamming the door for good measure.
And a few moments later bulma could hear bra start crying from the nursery.
"I've got it!" Vegeta shouted as he walked down the hallway to Bra's room.
Vegeta walked into the nursery that he had no part in building if he had it would've loom much different than the bright pink abomination that it was ,but the princess seemed to like it so he didn't touch a thing.
He picked her up holding her over his shoulder bouncing her slightly and pretty soon she stopped crying.Vegeta know that Bra wouldn't go back to sleep for a while so he took the rocking chair that was in one of the far corners of the room and pulled it out on to the balcony.
The briefs house was still in the city but it was still close enough to the country where he could still see the stars. Which he was grateful for. He moved bra so that he was cradling her. And he just sat there rocking and occasionally pointing out different stars to bra.
It helped him relax