Adjusting

As Danny lead Dani home he realized how strange it may be to his parents to come home to their son and an 8-year-old girl who looks like a carbon copy of him in the same room. It would probably prompt questions.

"Hey, Dani, when my parents ask, you are a distant cousin who is visiting. They aren't really friendly with their families due to the ghost stuff so they should belive it" Dani nodded and they flew into an alley to transform.

As they made their way to fentonworks they were joined by Sam and Tucker who promptly started to grill Dani on her life "Dani where were you sleeping each night?" Dani mildly embarrassed by tuck's question said "the safest tree or basement I could find" she said sheepishly.

"You will never sleep anywhere that dirty again" Danny half growled, ashamed at himself for letting her go off on her own. Of course, she wouldn't be able to get a place she was eight for goodness sake. Sam butted in on his pity party "unless you decide to sleep in the Fenton living room" she said making him laugh.

"Very funny mom" Dani replied making sam trip over falling flat on her face "why am I the mom?" she spluttered, slowly getting up from her fall. "Because you are daddy's girlfriend" Dani replied innocently, laughing when the synchronized "we are not dating" appeared.

"Danny she already gets the picture," Tucker said through dying of laughter. "Well dating aside she does need a mother figure," Sam said blushing "oh no it's going to be Lilith all over again," Tucker said through peals of laughter.

"At least Lilith survived, unlike your flower power daycare," Sam said annoyed. "Dani if you want you can call me mommy but only when around me Danny and Tucker, ok" Dani teared up and jumped into Sam's arms "ok mommy," she said hugging her intently. Danny was watching them and feeling his heart melt, his favorite two girls together.

"Danny, you ok there. You are spacing out" tuck waved his hand in front of Danny's face startling him back to reality. "We have to explain this to my mum before it gets any later" Danny said walking up to his front door.

As he opened it he suddenly heard a yell of "ghost" and ducked as the Fenton foam sailed over his head.

"Dad. For the last time, ghosts will not, nor ever use the door. They can simply walk through it." Danny said exasperated by his dad's antics. "Sorry Danny-boy but the ghost radar was picking up two upper middle-level entities, but I guess it was malfunctioning again" the trio and Dani cringed "and who is this little one, she looks just like you when you were younger.

"Ah, dad this is Dani" jack looked very confused "no son you are Danny" he said as if talking to a baby. "Hi Mr. Fenton I'm Dani with an i," Dani said in her cutest most lovable tone "Can she stay with us for a while?" Danny asked trying to mimic his daughter's cuteness.

Jack sighed and they knew they had won "sure but why does she need to stay with us?" they weren't ready to answer this question but Dani's quick thinking saved them "my house is getting renovated so I was sent off to the nearest cousin, which was Danny" "oh ok, that explains the resemblance" Jack said his brow furrowing, wondering whether he had any family in the area.

As jack let them in he sighed and gave up, remembering his massive family was hard enough without being the black sheep. It was strange that they would send one of their children to live with a 'crazy ghost hunter' but Dani seemed nice enough, and didn't look like she knew much about ghosts, he would fix that.

"Dani, what do you know about ghosts," he said as the trio and Dani exhaled a breath they didn't know they had been keeping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's corner

Don't expect updates this frequently but I am going on vacation for a week and had some time to write up a new chapter.

And if anyone is wondering this is no PP and sam is not biologically the mother as some fanfics say, she is all Danny. But Sam will be basically Dani's foster mom, so yea see you next week.