A Message To The Falling

I have been reading and talking to many people for the last few years about feeling hopeless. That feeling you get when your entire life is falling apart. As though your life is a mirror, reflecting back to you on what has been done. The more you breath, the more it fogs, until you no longer can see through and then it breaks. Stress and hopelessness bends the glass, like the sky bending before it's about to fall.

Then it shatters.

Pieces of your life, scattered. You try and pick up the shards, holding them close, trying to reconstruct what has been broken, cutting your fingers on the edges.

You walk on the edge of a dagger. At the tip, a light awaits, hope. Everything you wish for. But one wrong step, and you slip. You hold on, feeling the edge dig into your fingers. And yeah, some of us fall. They let go. But the strongest, the ones who let the tears fall without shame, see the blood and keep going. Grit their teeth and pull themselves up, wrap their hands and keeping walking.

You can do it.

I don't care what you've done. I don't care what you said. I don't judge a face by it's looks. It doesn't matter what you look like. Your past is your past and that is why it is called the past, because you got past it. You moved on.

If the few of you who are seriously reading this get anything out of this letter; know this. I know how it feels. Where you feel like your mind is fogged. Everything is strange and distorted. You don't know who you are. But please, don't keep this to yourself. Tell someone. I speak from the position of someone who didn't know their two best friends wanted to kill themselves. And one of them attempted. They didn't even tell me when they drew blood from themselves. They felt alone. They felt I wouldn't understand because I didn't suffer the same pain as they did.

So please. You have someone beside you. Someone who thinks of you every night. Staying awake until the crack of dawn, crying and hoping you lived to the see the next day. They fear going to school encase you won't be there. Fearing that phone call that tells them the person they love and keep so close to their heart has decided that your love isn't enough to stay alive.

To please, with all my heart, tell them. To make them wonder what's wrong or think its their fault. Don't be angry if they don't understand, they will try.

Thank you.

Be safe.