13

I seem to lay in Harry's arms for what feels like forever. With my head against his chest, all I can hear is the steady thumping of his heart as his fingers absentmindedly fiddle with the ends of my parched hair.

I think I'm still in shock that we kissed.

Or maybe it's surprise at how gentlemanly he was afterwards.

But more likely, it's the fact that it didn't feel even remotely like 'just comfort' and I actually went back in for more.

"Are you awake?" Harry asks. This is fast becoming his favourite line.

"Oh yeah, sound asleep." I snort. "You?"

I feel his body shudder with laughter.

"Comatose, clearly."

I roll my head up to look at him and am surprised to find myself squinting. Sunlight creeps around the sharp edges of the palm leaves and it's finally without the company of wind, lightning or thunder.

"I think it might have finally eased up." I announce and push myself up from Harry. His fingers slide out of my hair and fall into his bright yellow lap with a gentle smack against the fabric.

"Everything is going to be so damp though." He groans. "Not ideal for firewood."

"It's probably already one hundred degrees out there, Harry. It's hardly going to take long to dry." I scramble to my feet and turn back to face him where he sits up against the rock.

He's just staring at me.

I feel a little awkward because neither of us have addressed what he said to me before we maintained a lengthy silence cuddling.

"You are more than ok to me."

What did it honestly even mean?

You're more than ok to be stranded with?

You're more than ok to share this deserted island with?

"Earth to Sarah." Harry's somehow already on his feet and waving his arms around in front of my face. His eyebrows are mashed together in a frown.

I blush; a deep crimson spreading furiously across my cheeks and down my neck.

"Sorry." I mumble and then can't think of anything else to say.

"O-kay." Harry says slowly and his lips twitch with the threat of an oncoming smirk. He brushes sand grains off of his shorts. "We should probably head back to our supplies."

My stomach growls hungrily at the mention of our limited stock and I realise I can't remember the last time I ate anything.

Mind you, the roughly cut, jagged chunks of coconut only just about class as 'snacks' let alone a meal.

"Maybe you should put your fisherman plan into action now." I still don't entirely believe that either of us could realistically catch a fish. Not without a rod or a net. But quite honestly we're running out of things to do here other than actually go home.

Harry's whole face seems to suddenly light up and he claps his hands together like a small child in the middle of Hamleys.

"I like that idea very much." He beams and removes one of his hands to dig around in his right hand side pocket. After a few moments he produces his precious pointed stone - the one that supposedly has so much more potential.

"And what exactly do you plan to do with that now?" My eyebrows shoot up at the mental image of Harry frantically stabbing at every movement in the sea water surrounding him.