Chapter - 22

Happy reading...

-------------------------------------------------

Alexander

My heart stopped for a second when she ran inside the house. I shouted telling her to stop her but she didn't. Fear increased in me as she went inside. I ran to the side of the house and saw Kusum's hand burnt, pain crossed me my eyes moistured and even though that happened she smiled and signaled me to try to come through back door. I did it and after that, I took Clara in my arms out but I glanced back to her worriedly. After placing her in the ambulance in stood over the front as I noticed her coming, more blocks fall, and fire increased. Sweat formed all over my face but I rubbed it off with my hands.

I sighed in relief when she came out holding ben. Her legs had cuts and when my eyes landed on her hand, I flinched. It looks very bad. She fell down on her knees still holding ben,  I quickly ran to her grabbed her, and pull her away just as the house burnt more and woods fall.

I help her stand as the nurse took ben and here she seems like she'd blackout soon.

" Never do that again kusum! " I yelled at her still sweat beads rolling down.

" Do what? " she asked

And this made me mad at her because she risked her life. What if anything happened to her? What if she died?  Shut up alexander!

" Do that jumping and risking your life. What if something happened to you?!"

I yelled at her taking deep breaths. And here what she did? She smiled. I have never seen such a crazy person in my life.

" but nothing happened. See? I'm alright"

A nurse came behind Kusum and I noticed her eyes widen. What is it?

Kusum fall on my chest suddenly so I hold her but she didn't move an inch. What if something happens to my girl? I won't be able to take it.

" oh my god! She has burnt her back. Doctor..!!!"

My heart dropped at the very moment, it felt like everything stopped around me. My one hand held her lower back and I slowly bent my head down and I gritted my teeth and flinched when I saw her skin burnt her almost entire back and blood is oozing out. Tears rolled over as I take in how Kusum is. The shirt burnt from the top to a little low and her backside bra strap is still held with only a few strings of cloth.

" DOCTOR!!!!!" I shouted and in a second she came.

" Kid we have to take her to the hospital soon. Is she unconscious? Oh my..hurry come with me." she said with her shaky voice.

I swear to myself if something happens to her I will no longer be me.

I ran holding Kusum in my arms and then into an ambulance. There were two ambulances.

-------------------------

In hospital

I repeatedly walk over the door, sitting, standing. I beg God to please save her time and again.

As time passed painfully slow my fear increased and I cry silently. I checked on Clara and ben doctors said they are fine and need observation. Clara is pregnant that's what I was concerned of.

Meanwhile everybody came. I called them when I was in the ambulance. Eva and Jeong's eyes were swollen and red, brett, Ethan, and Ryan are worried.