5- Carnival Rides

The day of the carnival, I know that I don't have a choice in actually going to the thing. Sage has been talking about it nonstop and I did buy a new shirt. Plus, the carnival is always pretty fun so I've convinced myself to go despite the chance of public humiliation. If I'm afraid of what people will say about me because of my brother, I'll be stuck in my house forever because the people around here don't forget things easily.

Sage is excited that I agreed too because she's pulled out her makeup and I've allowed foundation, nude-colored lipstick, and eyeshadow with a little bit of mascara

Sage is excited that I agreed too because she's pulled out her makeup and I've allowed foundation, nude-colored lipstick, and eyeshadow with a little bit of mascara. And she's promised that she didn't invite any guys to try to hook me up with anybody.

So I'm starting to actually look forward to this carnival thing and I think that it'll get my mind off of everything that's happening with Robby since I still haven't been able to talk to him since he's gotten arrested.

"Okay, so we're going to meet Ty and the guys at the front entrance," Sage tells me as she's driving us down to the fairground where the carnival is set up. "I'm so glad that you're coming, I really think that it'll be good for you to get out of the house."

"I get out of the house," I assure her. "I go to work sometimes."

"That doesn't count," She insists. "And you know it."

I do know it.

When we get to the carnival, we find a parking spot and then head up to the front entrance that's crowded with people excited to get to be here. Of course, standing next to Sage, I look completely underwhelming as I always do. She's wearing booty shorts with a cute cropped top with wedge heels which make her at least three inches taller than me.

I've gotten used to the constant insecurity that I feel when hanging out with Sage though because we're always hanging out and I'm always insecure. As we're walking up to the entrance though, I stop thinking about that and I start wondering if Dex is going to be here. I'm not sure if I want him to be here or not because of the last time that I saw him, when Zero kind of attacked him.

But I would like to see him again, just to look at him because he's so pretty. I haven't asked Sage who is coming just because I'm not even sure if I want to know the answer to that. I think that maybe I just don't want to know until the last possible minute if he will be here or not.

I'll be a little bit happy and a little bit disappointed either way.

"I could kill for a funnel cake right now," Sage tells me. "These guys better not be late."

"Isn't that Ty right there?" I ask her, pointing to a group of guys standing by the entrance as we approach. I see Ty first because he's tall but then I see his friends around him. Everybody from that day in the basement is here. Jake, the guy that I punched, is here so that'll be interesting. And then Javier and Derrek are there. And I see Dex there too, his blond hair styled to keep it off of his pretty face and his lips in a downturned relaxed state. He seems like a frowny person so it gets me thinking about what it's like to see him smile.