Chapter Eight - Fans and Eyes

"Thank you all so much for coming! We love you!"

The screams echoed throughout the night sky, the colorful lights flashing down on us. I waved, a smile plastered on my face, then jogged behind the rest of the boys backstage while putting the microphone to my mouth, "Goodnight!".

Once backstage, we turned our mics off and got undressed (then redressed) before meeting up by the bus, security shielding us from the shrieking girls.

"Larry! Where's Larry?"

"Ew, no, they can't be gay because I'm going to marry them, duh."

"Totally not. Harry and Louis will marry. There will be a Larry wedding. And when there is, I'll be the right one. Such a carrot. Yeaaaa! Larry Forever!"

I always happened to hear bits and pieces of conversations that included 'Larry'. I knew for a fact that out 'ship' name was becoming more popular day by day, except for the die-hard Elounor shippers who practically worship her, as if she does anything noteworthy. Honestly, I would think if they weren't so busy kissing the ground El walked on, then, yes, they may come to their senses and realize yes, they are gay.

On the other hand, I found that term 'carrot' most amusing. Half of the time, I explain the fandom terminology to the rest of the boys - not including Harry - since Tumblr is chock-full of it all. I found it quite creative to what these girls come up with.

Eventually, we were safety on the bus and the screams were only a muffled buzz - less ear-piercing but more annoying. We all stood in a circle in the middle of the bus, where we always assembled right after a concert until we leave the venue and the crowds. of course, this didn't take long since everyone is still there, either trying to lave or surrounded the buses put there to do just that - distract the girls. I'd have to say, the attention is mazing, I love that all these people love us, but everyone could cool down just a bit. I know they want to meet us and stuff, but we also want some privacy, and some of them just don't realize that. I wish they did.

"Did you hear that conversation," I asked, as we disbursed from our little circle of protection.

"Which one mate?" Niall asked, grabbing a package of cookies from the cupboard.

"The two girls. One of them was like 'Larry! Where's Larry?' and the other one went off on her saying tat we cant be gay because she was going to marry us. So the other girl jumped to her defenses and started saying how we will get married and there will be a Larry wedding, then called her a carrot, before continuing to cheer for us - as in Larry Forever! Yea!"

"I heard one, too!" Harry said, smiling, "There were three of them, talking about that magazine and how it was totally photoshopped, and that they wrote a letter to the editor because, well, who uses Photoshop pictures in an article!? It was the best, babe. They know better."

"Well, I mean, obviously, why in bloody hell would I marry her when I have a perfectly good you right here?" I walked pasted Niall and stole one of his cookies before plopping down on Harry's lap, wiggling my butt. He smirked at me before standing up and grabbing my wrist, pulling me into another room. He pushed me on the bed and straddled my lap. "Harry no," I said, propping myself up on my elbows, trying to get the younger boy off of me.

"Oh, that's not it." He smiled, then attacked my waist with his fingers, tickling me. I squirmed underneath him, laughing.

"And what. . . Is this. . . For?" I asked, in between gasps. He got off of me and laid down, laughing just as hard as I was.

"Just because," he smiled that cute smile, the one that makes him look like a five-year-old. I playfully punched his shoulder, then looked back up at the ceiling before meeting his eyes once again. His eyes were a beautiful green, glistening in the light coming from above our heads. My eyes flickered down towards his pink lips, then back at his eyes. He rolled on his side and wrapped his hand around my neck. I put mine around his waist. We just stared into each other's eyes, not moving. It just seemed so comfortable with Harry, so natural to be like this. I knew for a fact that no matter who was next to me, it wouldn't feel the same as it would with Harry. I feel okay, and that everything would be okay. In Harry's hold, I felt safe and wanted, not in the midst of acting to save my career; not hated as I was in my own house. Most importantly, I felt as if one day, along the line, that we would be able to be happy in public and that girl was right. . . there would be a Larry wedding.

"What are you thinking right now?" I asked the younger boy next to me.

"I'm thinking that I love you."

"I love you," I said, then pressed my lips to his. I've wanted to do this all day, and I was just waiting and waiting for the time when I could. Every time I kissed Harry or vice-versa, it felt like the first time. My stomach erupted in butterflies, and my mind went to some place that didn't exist in the real world. It was this safe bundle of happiness I got wrapped in when we kissed, and I never wanted to leave it, but we had to. Eventually it all ended.

We returned to staring at each other, and stayed that way for a long amount of time. My eyes were starting to sting from the lack of movement, but Harry was so beautiful, I couldn't bear to look at anyone else. The look on his face radiated comfort and love and it was all I needed. I would've stayed like that forever - if it weren't for the one and only Niall Horan.

"Oh my gosh! The magazine!" Niall yelled, pushing the door open with such force it slammed against the wall, scaring us both.

"What?" I asked, rubbing my eyes and sitting up. He threw the magazine in our direction, allowing it to plop on the bed.

"Look!" I picked it up as Harry sat up, looking over my shoulder. As soon as I read the headline, my eyes widened.

Oh My God.

[A/N: Got a little emotional there, eh? I'm very proud of that paragraph with the eyes.

-->Feedback?<--

+What do you think they saw in the magazine?+]