Chapter Twelve - Presincts and Prosecutors

[Goals for the chapter: READS: 160 / COMMENTS: 1]

I sat in the back of the police car, hands folded on my lap. Harry stared straight ahead, not looing at me. We were found and busted, and were being brought back just in time for our show.

It had taken us a great deal of time to walk from the bus to where we ended up, but I didn't know exactly how much - we've been in the cop car for a half hour and I still had no clue where we were. The fact that the lady at the desk gave us up after I paid her hurt, too, but I got over it. I guess this was the real world; you can't pay for everything. I knew that, I just thought maybe once, just once, I could use my fame for something evil. Didn't get my way there, either. The sirens on the car started to blare as we whipped around a corner, throwing me into the door. The sirens kept going as we sped straight down the road as a large arena appeared in front of us. Just great, we were almost there.

The driver slammed on the brake pushing me forward, my face slamming on the seat in front of me. "Out." the officer demanded. I opened my door and crawled out, followed by Harry. The cop followed us to the door, then let us in and followed us backstage through the sea of screaming girls. "I'll meet you here after the show."

"Thank you," Harry said, his hands folded in front of him, feet together as he usually stood. The police nodded and stood broad, facing the stage, as we walked towards our dressing rooms. Harry put his hand on my shoulder when we were out of sight and spun me around. He smiled. "We tried," he said, plating a kiss on my lips. I nodded and smiled, turning around again to jog off to change into normal clothes.

I passed a table of snacks, grabbing a cookie as I jogged past. No sight of people yet. I ran around the corner and locked myself in the room, which might as well have been a closet (as if I wasn't already in it!), and leaned against the door, my breathing heavy. I slide down to the floor and pulled my hand through my hair. I sighed and got back up, pulling off my shirt and replacing it with the one of the table. Someone had to call the police and report us, but why? I told the boys in the note - and so did Harry - that they didn't need to worry; that we would be back eventually, we just needed a break. What was so wrong with that? That we just had a three-month long break? Of course, it was a break, but not what I wanted. I wanted a break from hiding, from the homophobia. That's exactly what i didn't get, and exactly what got pulled away from me again.

I left the room, coming face-to-face with Niall. He hugged me, then grabbed my hands silently and pulled me towards the stage. It was show time.

                                                                         ~~~~~~~

I pulled my shirt off again and grabbed a towel placed backstage, running to the bus. Harry caught up and we walked together, invisible among the body guards. Two hands grabbed me and pulled me out of our safety bubble and into another. The one with the police from before. "This way, Mr. Tomlinson and Mr. Styles."

They pushed us towards their car again and forcing us inside. The sirens started screaming again as we took off down the dark street.

I was scared. Where were they taking us? Clearly, we were back safe. Clearly, we wouldn't do it again. Clearly, everything was okay. I fiddled with my seat belt, not being able to stay still. Harry seemed pretty jumpy, too.

The car came to a jolting stop in front of a building, our doors being opened. We were quickly pulled out. We went inside the building, only to realize it was a precinct. They brought us to a damn precinct. "I-twenty-nine," the young lady at the desk said, looking up and down Harry's body more than once. I shot her a look, causing her eyes to drop to her paper work again. He's mine.

We were dragged down a corridor and into a room with four seats, a table and one window. It was dark. "Sit and don't move," a big officer said sternly as he flipped a light switch. The whole room illuminated. I looked around, trying to tell where we were. No signs or anything to be seen.

"W-what is ha-happening?" Harry stuttered, his body shaking.

"I don't know." I shrugged, looking around. I so badly wanted to get up and comfort Harry, hold him and hug him, tell him it'll be okay. But I couldn't. I wasn't allowed to move. The door swung open, hitting the wall behind it with a loud bang.

"Oops, hi." I turned, facing the bull-in-a-China-shop of a person who barged in the door. It was the same lady - or should I say, girl - from the front desk. She closed the door, gently, and sat down in front of us, placing her books on the table. I sat up straight. "I'm Christine, and I'm interning here. Basically, I have to ask you a few questions. But, first, I'm nineteen, single and I love you. I ship it," se winked, then opened one of her books and picked up a pen. I looked at Harry, who was looking at me, an eyebrow raised. This girl was crazy.

"Okay," Harry said, his voice echoing in the room.

"Let's get started, why did you run?"

"Is that any of your business?" I snapped. Really, though, it wasn't. Plus, I couldn't tell her. And I could tell by the smirk trying to show through her lips exactly why she was asking.

"Well, Louis, because what you have done is considered as a criminal offense."

[A/N: Honestly, I've been having a lot of fun writing these few chapters. All these ideas are just coming up and up and I can't stop! I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am.

-->Feedback?<--

++What do you think Louis will do?++]