Chapter 4: Girl or Dragon

Kikuko was lying on her futon with tears still streaming down her cheek. She kept thinking of her brother Kazuo and the day he left.

"Brother, don't go." said a twelve-year-old Kikuko.

"Kikuko listen. What I am doing now is not for the country but for you to grow up into a fine, young woman and live a peaceful life for yourself. So please, be safe and watch over the dojo until I return." said the voice of a man who started to walk into the light.

"Brother."

"Wait for me, Kikuko." The light flashed and Kikuko woke up with a start. When she opened her eyes looking around the dojo and sat up rubbing eyes.

'How long was I asleep? 'thought Kikuko, as she stood up and slid the door to see that sun is descending to the east.

'I must have overslept.' thought Kikuko as she slid the door closed behind her she sniffed.

" Hmm, I smell cherry blossoms and wet leaves," said Kikuko.

....

Steam vaporized out of the wooden tub and hot water was filled with herbal leaves and cherry blossom petals. The red samurai was in the changing room. The red samurai removed it's hoodie revealing short hair and starts undressing and started entering the bath.

....

Kikuko rushed to the smell of cherry blossom and wet leaves which led to the bathe. She opened the bath door slowly and searched to see if anyone is occupied in the tub. Kikuko looked around until she spotted the samurai's red kimono. She grabbed the red kimono and started examining it.

'Hmm, this samurai must really like cherry blossom patterns,' thought Kikuko, 'But isn't this a little bit girly for a man to wear this.' Then, something caught Kikuko's eye, as she went to see what it was, she gasped. The bath door opened and Kikuko turned to see a young female samurai.

"Uh....ahhhhhh..." stammered Kikuko, then she looked up at the young girls head and spotted two curved horns sticking out of her head which Kikuko felt her eyes go downward forgetting that the girl was nude and she fainted from shock while in the clothes basket were lady undergarments.

....

The samurai was still drying her hair. Kikuko started observing the female samurai with her purple raven-colored hair, pale-scaled skin, and golden-reddish eyes.

'Why is this person a girl? What a strange hair color? Ah, what's with her eyes. They're the color of a padparadscha sapphire. Wait, Wait, Wait! Why am I thinking and why am I so calm. This samurai is a girl and more importantly why does she have horns sticking out of her head, is she a... DEMON!' thought Kikuko, now swirling in a whirlpool of dread.

The female samurai folded her towel nicely and placed it on the floor, next to her and started writing on a piece of paper with an ink brush.

"I'll get straight to the point on why I'm here and leave you be tomorrow." but Kikuko was to busy dreading in the thoughts as she mumbled to herself.

"Are you ok ?" wrote the female samurai.

....

9 years before the death of the 13th Eastern Emperor who died mysteriously of poisoning, along with the Queen who died drowning in the garden lake and the Prince, the only living noble relative of the Eastern Kingdom, took his place on the throne. I lived in a small town where we stayed clear of the Eastern Kingdom to avoid any war activity. I was only ten years old and it was the Year of the Dragon festival.

"Wildflower, come to the fireworks are about to start." shouted a tall, broad man with steel blue eyes and black hair holding hands with a young, beautiful woman with black eyes and also with raven colored hair, to their ten-year-old daughter as she walked faster to catch up with them. Then, the townspeople started to countdown from ten to one and then fireworks started firing into the sky, lighting up the darkness like colorful flower blossoms.

"Tagaya. Tagaya." shouted the raven colored hair girl, along with the crowd as fireworks exploded into the air.

"Hmph, Hmph. Wildflower, me and your mother have a special present for you." said the father, as the little girl started to up in curiosity about her gift. He gave her a .......

To be continued...