Chapter VI- Hit The Fucking Head

VI- Hit the fucking head

"You should rest." Q's face was still impassive. Nakarating na sila't lahat sa bunker ay halos kibuin dili siya nito.

It probably made a huge dent on his ego the way Cadfael easily defeated him. Men. Napaismid na lamang si Aspen. That prick who happened to be the twin of one of her best friends, Caden, was unfortunately one hell of a powerful vampire. Walang ideya si Aspen kung bakit ganoon na lamang ito kalakas samantalang halos sing edad lamang niya ito. Marahil ay dahil sa nagmula ito sa dugo ng isang hybrid. Maybe he inherited some of his creator's powers.

She knew she was no match for him. Least of all, Q. Kaya naman hindi niya maintindihan kung ano bang ipinagsisintir nito.

They were actually lucky that that bastard left them unscathed. Hindi niya sigurado kung saan ang punta nito at kung bakit hinayaan sila nitong mabuhay pagkatapos ng nangyari. He just received a call and he went faster than he came. But not before burning all the remains of the dead vampires.

Napagisip nilang bumalik na sa bunker tulad narin ng payo ni Xavier sa kanya. Noong una ay inakala ni Aspen na naputol nang muli ang koneksyon nila ni Xav ngunit muli niya itong narinig sa isip niya habang binabantaan ni Cadfael ang buhay niya.

"Who is that scumbag threatening you, love? Tell him to come to me. Tell him that if he doesn't stop, I'm the one who's going to make him pay and nobody would be able to recognize him after I'm done with him. No one threatens you, love. Ako lang."

And though she doesn't find it romantic, it comforted her. Alam niyang dadaan muna si Cadfael sa ibabaw ng bangkay ni Xavier bago siya nito makanti.

Xavier's love for her will protect her to the very end.

She was still reeling from the last conversation they've had inside her mind.

"Is he gone? Did he hurt you?" he whispered in her head. "Hindi kita maramdaman, love. Maybe you should drink some more blood. I want to feel you. I want to know if that bastard scared you so I could kill him."

"I'm okay, Xav. Where are you? I need to find you."

"That asshole might be after me, Aspen. It's very dangerous. I will come to you. You don't need to fear."

"I'm not scared, Xav." totoo iyon. Habang naririnig niya ang tinig nito ay alam niyang wala siyang dahilan upang matakot. She could feel that he's near. "Did you do it, though? Did you kill them?"

Matagal bago ito sumagot. "Do you think I could do such a thing, love?"

Siya naman ang hindi nakasagot sa tanong nito.

She heard Xavier sigh. "Go back to where you were hiding before. I will find you once I think it's safe. For now, someone's on my tail and I don't want you to put yourself in danger by going after me. Stay safe, love. For me. It won't be long now."

That night, maybe because she was worrying about him too much, Aspen dreamt of Xavier. There were monsters attacking him. She have never seen such creatures before. Their complexion was darker compared to a vampire's true form and instead of black, their eyes were white and they drooling this scary looking black substance. She was still shaking when Quentin woke her up.

"I heard you screaming, what happened?"

"I saw them.." pinahid niya ang pawisang noo. Humihingal siyang umupo sa kama.