School

I stared dumbfounded at the massive castle in front of me.

IT WAS A SCHOOL!?

 Was my first reaction. A year had passed too fast, and before I knew it I was 5 and becoming a First Year in Primary School. 

Gardens, sky high buildings, fountains, and students elegantly chatting together in their attractive uniforms. It was billions of levels different from my past life's normal, overpopulated public school. 

Something even more remarkable was the food. It was all free, and there were several different menus for different types of cuisine. Once you had picked out your food you would push a button on the table and a server would appear to serve you. It would be expected that this would make the cafeteria quite crowded, but contrary to that belief it did not. There was an indoor and outdoor main cafe, and they were both huge. The indoor had dark lighting, candlelight, and silk tableclothes while the outdoor was actually a massive greenhouse, meant to be outside yet still shield the children from the "unhealthy rays".

... Wasn't that a little overkill?

There were also other places that students could go to eat, such as the Rose Salon where only a select few of the elite were allowed to dine. I, for one was approved, but instead of increasing my chances of encountering Hase or Ruka, I would go eat at a small patisserie on the edge of campus grounds. It was absolutely delicious and all to myself. 

As time passed, I merged and became part of a large group of girls who seemed to see me as their "leader". What part of me that was leadership worthy I still don't understand. When I asked they said "Because you're Chiasa-sama" and looked at me as I was crazy. 

...What the heck was with that answer?

And they think that I'm the crazy one?

Fortunately, I was lucky and did not have Hase or Ruka, aka the unanimously appointed idols of the school, in my class. I limited my contact with them, to the point we would only nod to each other in passing in the hallways. Though sometimes I would hear rumors about the lovey-dovey-ness of Ruka-sama and Lucia-sama, his first love and fiance. To be completely honest, to me it didn't look like a lovey-dovey couple, but a boy pining over a girl and chasing after her like a lost puppy. The rest of the female population, however, must be living through some kind of filter and would swoon and gush about how loyal and dedicated Ruka-sama was. 

... sure. He knows her schedule, appears to escort her after every class, and secretly threatens any male specimen that come within 5 feet of her. A creepy and stalker-ish lover is more like it. 

Meanwhile, Hase is the other male idol of the school. Whenever he walked by it would elicit a round of squeals that sounded suspiciously like "Prince!" Of course he then had to make it worse and would smile innocently, causing the girls nearby to faint. 

Really guys. Just what are you doing?

At this rate you are going to become unreliable men that no good women will want to give her heart to.

Wait, but isn't it the heroines' jobs to straighten out people like them?

So its all good. 

Even though I became friends with Lucia-sama, who was supposed to be assassinated on her eighth birthday. 

And break Ruka's heart so that the heroine can come along and heal it.

Oh fuck this all.