We Only Had Eachother

It was as expected. As time passed, my and Ruka's interactions were still very minimal, for now I was in even more danger than before of becoming the villainess. After all, I was now his official "crush" and as young lovers we were the stars of many social parties.

PERIOD. WE ONLY INTERACT AT SOCIAL PARTIES. NO NEED TO WORRY HEROINE, I HAVE BEEN IGNORING YOUR FUTURE LOVER AT SCHOOL BY ALL MEANS POSSIBLE. WHEN YOU COME, YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. 

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

...

Sighhh. This is so stressful. It would be bad if this ruse kept up when the heroine comes in, because then I would be a real love rival. Unfortunately though, I can not break the playacting at the moment, for my parents have started talks of arranging my own political marriage. 

...Wow. Just, wow.

The only thing that was saving me from this disastrous fate, was the fact that I was "lovers" with Ruka. Neither set of parents would dare to set up an arranged marriage between me and him, with Lucia having just broken it off with him. Immediately replacing his old fiance with a new one would be looked greatly down upon by society and would offend several parties.  

It was quite uncomfortable, but in a way it was actually a life-saver. We both unconsciously knew that if someone else caught our eye we would understand and not get in the other's way. 

It was implied. Or at least, I hoped. I don't want to fall to ruin.

Although his I-just-ate-a-sour-lemon perpetual frown on his face has been easing up a little lately, mine hasn't.

...

My life basically went back to normal, except for some weird rumors that seemed to be circulating within the school. I almost forgot about that incident as school days passed in such normalcy I would sometimes wonder if it was all just a dream. But then I would have to attend a social gathering with Ruka, twitching faces and all, and I knew that was just my wishful thinking. 

But... 

it was kind of lonely.

My parents were never around much, usually too busy with work, for they were extremely ambitious people who wanted to always to climb higher in society. Some would even call them greedy. Maybe Chiasa's personality was twisted by this in the manga, it would probably be hard to be spoiled endlessly, yet what you wanted the most, a parent's love, to not be there.

Sighhh. Oh well, there's nothing I can do about that.

Let's just celebrate my 10th birthday on my own again.

I tried to pull up the corners of my lips into a smile. Okaaaay! I clapped my hands together.

There's a fireworks festival tonight, maybe I should go check it out! It's a commoner's festival, but with all the lights and food, it'd be like a big, public birthday party!

In the meantime, there's no better way to spend a weekend than to binge watch anime! 

With the amount of money my family owned, it was a cinch to watch my favorite shows now, no more illegal pirating websites that would infect my computer with viruses! Plus, my bedroom was now basically an anime/manga shrine, it was so big I didn't know what to do with it, so I changed the originally princess pink bedroom into an otaku's paradise. 

One of a kind large anime figurines of my favorite characters, special and limited edition plushies, otome/video games not yet out on the market, shelves with hundreds of volumes of manga, a 10x14 ft. full screen screen TV, anything I wanted I was able to get.