My Story

I was born and brought up in a semi urban city and my little strict and little friendly family consists of my mom, my dad and my sibling who was 9 years elder than me. Apart from this little family I had my own family which consisted of my toys.

I read in a English medium co-ed school. As a teenager, everything was perfect. School life, friends , everything. I always acted as a cupid for my love sick friends but never thought that one day cupid will take hold on me.

It was 16 th September 2012, I remember. He was my childhood friend. His name is Pritam.

He was experiencing cyclones in his life before I came in his life. He lost his mother in 2012 and the very next year he lost his uncle. His life was shadowed by the clouds of sorrows. Being a genuine classmate I once wished him "Good morning" to which he didn't reply. I really didn't had any idea about his loss but news came up to my ears very soon.

He used to sit at one corner of the bench and put his head down on the bench. If anyone would come to communicate with him he used to throw cuss words at them. I wasn't really bothered about his behaviour because I felt that even if I sympathize with his loss I cannot lessen his pain.

I started talking with him normally as if nothing has happened. He used to like my presence and slowly slowly he was growing fonder of me. He used to wait for me in the corridors during the recess, in the bus stop. Girl's 6th sense works at 4G speed in this cases.

I confronted him one day and asked him to play a game in which one has to say exactly the term that comes in his mind after  listening to the word which I would say. I said "LOVE" to which he replied "Your bus".
The name of my school bus was same as mine own name. I understood his hint very quickly but didn't react. I acted as a dumbo and said,
"So, You love my school bus"

He said, "No! I love the name of your bus, that is, SNEHA"

"That's what I am saying. You love my bus."

"Arey, arey no! I love you" he finally said those words.

"Caught you." I said.
He blushed.

                               ***

After that day of his confession, we came very close to each other. Maximum time in school was spent either by talking with each other or by passing chits of messages from one section to another. I started liking his presence in my life. I don't remember the exact date when he became one of my important person in my life.

The whole school started talking about us. We were becoming the hottest gossip of every student. Years passed on like this and we became unbreakable couples.

4years, 1 month and 17 days. Our relationship survived through many odds but due to misunderstandings between us the gap always got widened up.

And finally we broke up. After 4 years, 1 month and 17 days we broke up.

My reasons were strong because his flaws were bigger than his love. He was way too overpossesive. He always wanted me to be all by himself. I used to feel like I was stuck in a cage through which I can look the outside world but cannot feel it. His overpossesiveness grew up and became jealousy and finally reached the steam point of anger. He couldn't tolerate any boy talking with me. My socialisation angered him. When he was angru he was at his worst. He could simply speak out such cuss words at me that sometimes it would become hardly bearable.

My patience level finally gave its way and I gathered my leftover self respect and broke up with him.

Its been 1 year since we broke up and I find him quite happy with the separation because right after our break up he engaged himself in another relationship.

The worst thing is he and his new love interest reads in the same high school where I am reading and like every day I have to see their puppy faces licking each other.

God bless them...