Chapter One: The News

My name is Matsumoto Yuki, I have been laying on my bed for the last week just being bored since my best friend left for vacation a few days ago. People always make fun of me for being best friends with the most roughest person in Japan, his name is Kazuo Kiriyama and he is also my first love, my only love. It's Monday and I'm getting ready for school, as I'm walking to school, I hear people gossiping over some game called Battle Royale? "is that a new video game on one of those gaming systems?" that's what I thought to myself but honestly, I could care less since I don't talk to these people anyways. When I got to school everyone was saying that some guy named Shuya won that game "like I even care" I heard the popular girl in class said that. I just had a normal day at school like everyday since I have no friends here and Kiriyama doesn't go to my school. When I got home, I saw my mom on the phone in the kitchen with tears in her eyes. "Mom are you okay? what's wrong?" I said with a worried look on my face. "Yuki, I don't know how to tell you this, but......" my mom paused and just hugged me tight and finished what she had to say "Kiriyama was killed.......". I looked at my mom with a shocked look on my face and tears started to fall down my eyes, I ran to my room and started calling Kiriyama's cell phone hoping that it wasn't true and every time it said this phone is disconnected, I didn't want to believe it. I still remember Kiriyama telling me before he left that when he comes back he had something to tell me and now I won't ever know what he wanted to tell me.