Chapter 14

*this chapter has been edited*

Our surroundings shifted and I found myself in the presence of a few creatures.

Upon this realization I held onto Redain and tried to hide myself from them.

"Are you trying to get me killed?" I questioned, feeling my heart spike up in fear.

"I would never dream of it." He gazed into my eyes, his own shifting to a pale pink.

"I needed to show you our history by taking you to the center. Where it all began, my tribe and my people live here."

I looked around and saw crowns of black and brown. I'd noticed that most creatures either had brown or black situating them.

Redain, having read my mind, answered my question. "The black represents royalty, anyone born with that is royalty. And the brown is a non-royal color, anyone with it is instantly deemed a non-royal." He said, and I gazed around catching tufts of black and brown locks everywhere.

"Let me introduce you to my family." I instantly panicked when he said that but he smiled and shook his head. "You cannot get a few of your answers without going to the roots now can you?" He grabbed my hand and led us past the rows of creatures that greatly resembled him.

Multi colored eyes stared at me in curiosity, but they'd look away and bow when Redain would catch their stare.

"Don't be afraid, they won't hurt you in my presence." He whispered in my ear, his voice soothing me only a bit.

Being in the presence of these creatures spiked up anxiety that swirled and gripped my heart and throat. Making it become a great task to breathe.

My eyes wondered to our surroundings and my breath hitched, the forest around me was breathtaking to say the least.

The buildings around me were made entirely of wood and leaves, yet it portrayed an essence of elegance that was majestic. Everyone moved around us with a purpose and the peace surrounding the area warped its way into my being.

The houses made a beautiful village with dark wood making the foundation bricks of the house, branches and leaves were atop the house, being used as a roof. The houses varied in size, dimension and width.

"Wow." I breathed out.

"Beautiful isn't it?" His gaze caught my own. I could do nothing but nod.

We reached a grand house at the edge of the village, inside the grand mansion of wood were three people and an elderly looking lady inside the kitchen.

Their eyes were shifting upon seeing me, "What is the meaning of this Redain?" The eldest looking male shouted.

"Cecile, meet my family." Redain gestured to the four members looking at me with guarded eyes.

"That is my grandmother," he said pointing to the elderly lady.

"My two older siblings, Nova and Sav." He said, pointing to the boy and girl beside each other.

"And finally, my younger brother Adion," he pointed to a boy who's hair was a mixture of black and brown.

My hands became clammy and I avoided looking them directly in the eye.

Finally a voice spoke interrupting the tense silence, "Come closer dear."

I stood in front of Redain's grandmother. She watched me intently, then brought her hands to either side of my face.

Our foreheads connected and I felt my eyes shift, transporting me to different aspects of my life.

She didn't reach too far back in my memories, before pulling back and staring at me, eyes shifting to a light blue. "I see."