four

Liz, her neat penmanship had inked onto the page

I want to mail these to you, I really do, but I'm afraid you'll just throw them away without a second glance. I'm afraid your hatred for me has grown since the last time we spoke. 583 days, that's how long it's been since the last time I talked to you. I've been keeping count.

You're my sister, I didn't think anything could ruin our relationship. I guess I was wrong about that. All my relationships are slowly deteriorating and there is nothing I can do to save them.

Alaric felt the tears in his eyes roll down his cheeks. They landed on the page, slightly smudging the black ink.

I keep wishing I could go back to that cold night in March where I first met Alaric. I wish I could go back to the bar we listened to terrible poetry in, or the sunflower field that we danced in. I was happy back then, we both were.

There are still moments where I think that we could go back to the way things were, and I'm hopeful that maybe things still will. I love him, Liz, I really do. I love you, too.

Missing you terribly,

Kelsey

The heavy tears continued to fall from his sky coloured eyes, not just because he had lost another lover, but because he would never be able to repair their relationship.