Chapter 11

My mind keeps replaying every single minute of last night; I had an amazing time with Mason. The conversation between us was flowing and the atmosphere made me feel comfortable.
But the truth is that I have to be realistic and go back to my daily life.

I go to class alone because Lilly has a terrible cold and has to stay at home.

When all my classes are done, I meet the girls at the cafeteria.

"Jess!" Kristal hugs me "How are you? Why did you leave the party the other day?" I thought they would have already forgotten about it, but it seems like they haven't.

"Well, my stomach was a bit upset and I just didn't feel like parting anymore" that is what I told Carol that night, so I need to say the same thing now.

"Oh, do you feel better now?" Brooke asks.

"Yeah I'm good... Anyways, did you guys have fun?" I ask trying to change the topic of the conversation.

My stomach was okay, but I was really confused about Chloe, the girl that was with Mason, and I didn't feel like staying there any longer.

The story was too long to explain to the girls that night, so leaving was the most appropriated thing to do.

"We had an awesome time, but you didn't really miss much, the best part was when we all danced on top of the counter.... Iconic moment" Carol says and we all laugh and nod.

"No matter what else we ever do together, that's always going to be one of the most epic moments of this squad" Kristal adds, full of excitement.

"We should give our squad a name" Brooke suggests.

"That's true, but we cannot choose it without Lilly"

"How is she?" Kristal asks me looking concerned.

"Her throat is killing her... Yesterday I brought her some soup and she could barely talk"

"What if we visit her now?" Brooke suggests.

"I don't know... some people hate having people visiting them when they are sick..." Carol makes a good point.

"I don't think Lilly will be bothered" Kristal says and we finally agree to go.

On our way to my building, we stop to buy Lilly some chocolates and a blanket similar to the fluffy one I have on my couch, because she really loves it.

Then we knock on the door and she takes a while to open.

"Guys! What are you doing here?"
Her voice sounds a bit better than yesterday. She has a blanket wrapped around her body and is holding a tissue on her hand.
Her hair is up on a bun and her nose is red, but even like this she still looks cute.

"Surprise!" We all say at once and she smiles widely.

"You are the best!" She opens the door completely for us to come inside.

"We thought that we have to find a name for our squad" Kristal says sitting on the couch, next to Carol and Lilly.

Brooke and I sit on the carpet.

"That's a great idea!" She says excited.

"We can put all our initials together, like BKCLJ?" Kristal says thinking out loud.

"Nah, too complicated" Carol replies.

"What about the Counters?" Brooke says after some minutes.

"Our most memorable moment was dancing in that counter, I love it!" I say laughing.

"Votes for The Counters" Lilly says and we all raise our hands.

"Five out of five, The Counters wins!" Kristal announces.

This is a bit childish, but it's a good way to keep Lilly distracted.
Then we watch a movie and talk about many things.
Lilly looks very happy to have us around, I'm glad we finally decided to come.

"Jess, how was your date with Mason yesterday?" Lilly asks and the rest look confused.

"You had a date yesterday?" Brooke asks surprised.

"Wait, who is Mason?" Kristal asks confused.

"Ooops... was it a secret?" Lilly says covering her mouth with her hands.

"There are no secrets in the Counters Squad!" I say and I tell them about Mason.

I skip a lot of details because I want our relationship to be something just between Mason and I, but they get the main idea; that Mason was my boyfriend, that I love him and that we are friends now.

"We have to meet him" Kristal says with a serious expression on her face.

"Guys, I don't even know when I'll see him again" I say laughing.

"But you need to promise us you will introduce him to the squad" Brooke says raising a finger.

"Alright, I promise"

We talk about Mason for a while, even though it doesn't make me very comfortable, and, after having pizza for dinner, they leave to their dorms and I go back to my apartment.

When I'm getting in bed, I get a phone call from Logan.

"Hey, Logan!" I say happily. It is always great talking to him.

"What's up Jess? How are you doing?" His voice is joyful through the phone and it makes me smile.

"I'm good! What about you?"

"I'm good too. Today I went to a basketball game with Brandon and I had a lot of fun... oh, and today I also bought a ticket to go visit you in three weeks!"

"What?" I ask screaming "Are you serious? Yaaaaaaaay I can't wait Logan oh my God!" I can't believe he is coming to Chicago, I am so happy!

He laughs "Glad you are excited"

"Excited? I am beyond excited!"

Logan is the best friend anyone can have, I just can't wait for him to come over.

I tell him how excited I am a million times and after around an hour, we have to say bye.