二十八

|    10;45    |
sunday

yes?

jungkook answers his manager's phone call in the middle of texting jimin. no matter how much jungkook is starting to like jimin, whatever the younger's manager has to say still is more important. after all, the man rarely even calls the singer at this time of the night unless there's something important they need to discuss, so jungkook didn't hesitate to answer.

yo, kook! i know it's unusual for me to call during late nights but taehyung and seokjin have been pestering me about something lately.

jungkook sighs and the other clearly hears him on the other side of the line.

hey . . .

ah, yes, hyung?

. . . you okay?

i'm fine, namjoon hyung . . . always.

you can't always be fine, jungkook. sometimes, you need to break.

. . .

and you need to break to the right people.

oh, that's what they told you . . . i see.

it's for your own good, jungkook. you know that.

yeah . . .

silence follows and none of the two dares to say anything. jungkook flops down on his bed and sighs yet again.

he then raises his middle finger in the air and mouths "fuck you" to the ceiling as if god is right there, laughing at him.

but who can say he isn't, really?

so if you've known of jimin for a while now, why didn't you do anything?

jungkook asks namjoon and he hears a long 'hmmm' before the elder answers.

i wanted to see how far he'd go.

what exactly do you mean by that?

i don't know if you had checked but before you started noticing this pjm, he only had less than a hundred followers.

what does that have to do with anything?

the void he posted fifteen minutes ago has about a thousand reactions now. how do you suppose that's happened?

people like his preaching a lot, apparently.

preaching about you.

he's not using me for fame, namjoon hyung. i can assure you that.

seriously, jeon jungkook! what's the three years of training taught you?

i don't care about those now!

oh, but you should . . . because if you don't, i'm gonna have to tell you 'i told you so' again.

i don't care, i-i at least i'll t-try. 

try what exactly?

try to be happy.