About This

"Emily, he can never find out about this, alright?" I swore my unbiological sister to secrecy.

"He's going to find out soon enough, Tay." Emily pointed out.

"I know, I know." I sighed. "But for now, he can never find out."

"I can't ever find out about what?" Jackson came up behind us.

"FLIPPITY FLAPPIT RASHAD'S BLESSED JACKET!" I yelled in my head.

"Nothing." I shook it off.

"What. Are. You. Hiding. From. Me?" He demanded to know.

By now, Emily had awkwardly walked away, seeing that this was about to be a slightly dangerous fight.

"Nothing."

"Quit lying to me, Princess." He sneered.

"Okay, one, don't call me 'Princess' unless it's in a happy context, and two, what are you all up in arms about?"

"I'M UP IN ARMS THAT YOU'RE HIDING SOMETHING FROM ME!"

"I'm not hiding anything from you! It doesn't even concern you!"

"THEN WHY CAN I NEVER FIND OUT ABOUT IT?!"

"BECAUSE YOU JUST CAN'T, ALRIGHT?!" I yelled and stormed off to anywhere else.

~~~~~

I ended up going to back to my apartment, and it had been hours since I had talked to Jackson.

My hand reached for my phone a few times to call him, but I stopped myself.

All of a sudden, I was startled by a knock on my door.

"Come in." I called, thinking it was Emily bringing me a cookie or something because I hadn't eaten all day.

"Hey, Princess, we need to talk." Jackson's shoes sunk into the rug covering the carpet of the bedroom in my apartment.

"There's nothing to talk about." I shut my laptop and put it aside, looking up at him.

"Yes there is."

"Um, no there isn't. You overreacted, making me mad, and now we're here."

"No, Tay--" Jackson attempted to begin.

"No!" I cut him off. "I have nothing to say to you and vice versa!"

"Okay! I'm sorry for overreacting today. I know I seriously shouldn't have, but aren't relationships based on trust?"

"Well, yeah, but you know what Emily says: Everyone has a chapter they don't read aloud." I shrugged.

"Okay, I get that, but I feel like I should know what you're trying to hide."

"No! We aren't starting this again! I'm not hiding anything! I just don't want you to know about something right this second!"

"Shouldn't you trust me?"

"Why do you need to know so badly?!" I exclaimed, standing up from the edge of my bed I was sitting on.

"Because I want to help you, Princess."

"I DON'T NEED HELP! I DON'T NEED ANYTHING!"

"I know you can't ask for help because that's just your personality, but I know you need it!"

"I don't need help! I just need space to figure out how to tell you this!"

"How dark of a secret are you hiding from me?" He asked once more, concern spiking his words.

"IT'S NOT A SECRET!"

"THEN WHY DO YOU NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TELL ME?!"

'HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO TELL SOMEONE THAT YOU HAVE TO MOVE TO LOS ANGELES FOR YOUR JOB, AND THAT YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO COME BACK?!"