Chapter 6

Ryth laid on the green grass beside the giant tree in the garden. There's no other blissful moment when she started to crawl around on nature, under the shining sun.

Of all her mountains of a worksheet, she chooses to be one of the grass that is greenish enough to stay under the shimmering sun.

She inhales the fresh air as the wind blows to her face. This is what she wanted from all those moments she had been on this campus. To erase her memories temporarily from the miseries in her life.

She blew the air from her mouth, thinking of what happened through the years of her existence.

She wanted to forget those.

But in every try, it grows bigger than the happiness she wanted to keep.

She sighed for the second time.

What happened to my past life?

She tried to remember, thinking that nothing can happen if she tries to remember those.

Ah yes, those damn people who used me.

Her eyes went straight on the skyline. The sun disappeared and change into a gray cloud.

The sun went away because of those memories. Dammit.

She raised her upper body to laid beside the giant tree. The atmosphere suddenly changes into a greasy gore scent.

Something's here.

She stood up and walk out of the garden. She must stay out of danger in the meantime.

-----

Lizzy is walking in the hall, passing those other students who are having fun during their break.

The gray steam covered the blue shining sky earlier. The wind blows hard, making dried leaves beside the path damped on Lizzy's cheeks.

She curves right to the corridor to enter the east wing of the academy.

Lizzy paused when an unfamiliar scent covered her nose.

She looked around. Everyone is in the hall, for sure the others are at the cafe. No one was around at the east.

She continues to walk and climb up to the second floor.

Lizzy flinches when a hand forcibly drag her to the small and dark corridor.

She stumbles beside someone with a broad chest.

She was about to panic when a finger touches her lips saying 'quiet'. She shut her mouth.

"There's a wyvern breached from the east barrier."

By the low tone of his voice, Lizzy knew it was Cayzen who drags her into the corridor.

"Should I request a backup from the others?" she asked.

"There's no need for backup. I want you to keep an eye on your surroundings and don't let anyone pass to this area, the wyvern is coming this way."