Sentinel

Armored walked into a empty white room that had only two metal crates to hide behind. "Testing... testing... can you hear me" asked Striker over the intercom. "Yeah I can hear you" yelled Armored. "Good, I'm going to make a series of red targets appear take them out as quickly as you can" said Striker. As soon as he said that five red figures appeared and started shooting at Armored. Armored quickly took cover behind one of the crates and returned fire. "Head shot nicely done kid" said Striker. One of the targets got around Armored and kicked him to the floor. "AIM FOR THE KNEE" yelled Striker. Armored kicked the target in the knee and quickly shot it in the chest. "Good reflexes remember to use your knife... wait... oh my bad we didn't give you a knife... just keep going your doing fine without it" said Striker. Armored looked down to see a bright green ball landed in between his feet. Armored quickly picked it up and threw it at the three remaining targets causing them to explode. "Nicely done but your test is far from over" said Striker. A red target appeared holding a blue target at gunpoint. "A blue target is a civilian" said Striker. "Good to know" muttered Armored. "You have fifty seconds to kill the red target without hurting the blue target" said Striker.

Armored quickly aimed at the targets head but quickly shot it in the foot before shooting the living crap out of the red target while the blue target ran away. "Nicely done... we have one last test for you" said Striker. Two sentinels came into the room, one had a young man no older than twenty five while the other one handed Armored a silver revolver. "This man was caught giving information to the Marauders and is now labeled a traitor to Lunario. I trust you know what to do son" said Striker. Armored approached the man who was covered in blood and crying. He knelt down in front of him and looked him in the eyes to see regret and sorrow. "Did you kill anyone" asked Armored. "N... No sir... please just let me go... I'm sorry" sobbed the man. Armored put his hand on the mans shoulder and smiled. "If you didn't kill anyone and if your truly sorry then there is no reason for me to kill you" said Armored. The man started laughing and faded into a bunch of computer code. "Congrats kid you passed" said Striker.  

Armored was greeted by Striker who looked happy to see him. "You passed every test I had for you... I'm impressed. It usually takes our recruits a couple minuets to figure out what to do for the last part of the test" said Striker. "He was innocent there was no reason for me to kill him" said Armored. "Right you are son" said Striker. "Way to go Armored" laughed Miller. "You'll be assigned to Jennifer's strike team" said Striker. "Sweet maybe you can make her your lover again" laughed Baker. "How did you know about that" asked Armored. "She really needs to lock her journal" replied Baker. "Right enough chit chat lets get you suited up" said Miller. "Sounds good" said Armored. "You'll be a heavy asset just like me and Baker" said Miller who led Armored into a locker room. "You'll find your gear in this locker" said Miller. "Who did this belong to" asked Armored. "It use to belong to our old squad leader Cole but he was killed by a keeper" said Miller. "I know what that's like" said Armored. "Honestly I don't mind the keeper's they're just trying to survive in the crazy world we made and I would be pretty pissed to if someone built an outpost on top of our hive" said Miller. "What do you mean" asked Armored. "Your outpost was built on top of a nursing hive which is where there young are born" said Miller. "They usually sleep and feed off of the energy that radiates from rift crystals" said Baker. Suddenly guilt overwhelmed Armored... he had no idea that his people were preventing Rift keepers from seeing there young. "They had every right to kill the people out the outpost" muttered Armored. "Don't let anyone catch you saying that out loud" said Miller. "Yeah dude the destruction of the keepers is the number one priority of the Sentinels" said Baker. "I understand" said Armored. "Well get your armor on and we'll meet you outside" said Miller.

Once Armored was alone he opened the locker to see a full suit of heavy sentinel armor sitting in it. Armored quickly removed his clothes and put on his black combat pants and jacket. He then fastened his black chest armor around his jacket. He quickly put on his shoulder and knee pads before reaching for a black gas mask that fit perfectly around his face. He fastened his black combat helmet and but on his backpack and boots. He put the revolver in its holster and picked up his rifle and made his way outside. "Looking good Armored" said Miller as they made there way to the briefing room. Alpha was there with Jane sitting next to him who looked happy to see Armored again. "Alright Omega team listen up we received word that the marauders have set up shop in one of the bunkers they used before the final war" said Striker. "Let me guess you want us to clear it out" said Alpha. "Clever ball but there's more" replied Striker. "Oh... okay" replied Alpha who sounded terrified. "They are experimenting on Rift crystals by using human and animal test subjects. Jennifer I want your team to go in there kill every marauder you find and collect some samples" said Striker. "Sounds easy enough" said Jennifer. "Thank goodness I don't have to go" laughed Alpha. "Wrong again ball we need you to extract data from the archives in the bunker" said Striker. "Why can't you have some former scribe do it after Omega team clears the base" asked Alpha. "Because were going to blow it up after we're done" replied Striker. "What about the test subjects" asked Armored. "Remember your place rookie" said Jason who was sharpening his knife in the corner. "Back off" said Baker. "This is not a rescue operation" said Striker. "Dad there must be another way" insisted Armored. "I'm sorry son but those that come into contact with Rift energy without protection are beyond saving" said Striker. "Yes sir I understand" said Armored. "You are dismissed good luck Omega" said Striker. "Won't let you down general" said Jennifer.