Episode 10: Close

8:30am

Prompto sat in the couch where it faced the TV. He covered himself with his warm soft blanket and waited for Noct to come with a bowl of sweet popcorn.

"Want a drink?" Noct said as he came back and placed the popcorn and drinks in the small table in front of him. Noct sat just beside Prompto and it somehow made Prompto nervous.

Noct grabbed the remote control and put on the movie KINGSGLAIVE.

"Is it a new movie?" prompto asked.

"It's been out for a year now" Noct said.

"A year?........ Hmm" Prompto whispered to himself.

Noct got up and startled Prompto.

"Uh- where you going?" Prompto said.

"I'm gonna close the curtains, it will look better seeing it in the dark and I'll put on the speakers as well" Noct warmly smiled.

Prompto nodded.

Why I'm I feeling nervous? Do I really like him? I just met him a few days ago, and now I am here in his apartment..........he........and I...... are somewhat alike...........I want to tell him... Everything....... I want to feel.......

"Hey, you OK?" Noct smiled and sat beside Prompto.

"Hmm" Prompto nodded.

Noct grabbed the bowl and rested his head back on the couch as the movie started to play.

Prompto looked at Noct with a blank face.

"...what's wrong?" Noct asked.

"Nothing.... it's just... I never imagined you like this" Prompto smiled and looked at the TV.

Noct blushed in the dark and ate more popcorn.

30 minutes had passed and Prompto has rested his head back on the couch beside Noct. Prompto slowly began eating the sweet popcorn from the bowl on Noct's lap. They both felt comfortable. Prompto had not felt like this before. He had not felt so comfortable around someone before, especially someone who he had just met a few days back. He didn't know anything about him, only the fact that he was the prince of Insomnia and the incident about his mother. He wanted to know more but that would mean he would have to open up as well.

Prompto then remembered what happened yesterday night at the rooftop at school.

Noct likes me... He likes me?... But why hasn't he said a word about it yet?  Is he afraid I will back off? All of this is making me anxious. The problem here is me........ If it's Noct......then I should have no problem in opening up. It's him anyways.

Prompto sat up properly and thought as he watched the movie.

"That's King Regis... Your dad?" Prompto asked.

"Yeah" Noct said.

"......you guys filmed the movie at the Citadel?"

"Yeah... But I didn't take part in it "

"You don't come out?"

"No... I'm glad I didn't though"

"..how come?"

"Well....I would steal the spotlight if I came out wouldn't I?" Noct smirked.

"Yeah Right" Prompto smiled.

Noct softly laughed.

Prompto smiled and looked back at the TV,  his hand unconsciously reached the bowl of popcorn next to him that was in Noct's left leg and accidentally tipped the bowl to the floor.