~six~

I gasp and sit up straight. I stand and begin pacing the room, but a wave of dizziness washes over me and I sit back down, my hand to my head. What had happened?

"Ah. You're awake."

I turn and see the red-headed man. No, that's not his name. He told me his name. Gosh, if only I could remember...

"You have a salad, if you would like it."

"What happened to me?"

He smirks. "You passed out."

I knit my eyebrows together in confusion. "How come?"

He shrugs. "You don't have a very strong mind, I suppose."

I try to think harder, but all I get in response is a massive migraine.

"You might want to take it easy, Princess. We wouldn't want you passing out again."

I think again. "Did I miss the dinner?"

He glares at me. "That's not funny, Princess. You nearly got my head cut off."

"That's not an answer."

"Yes. You missed it. Now, we have to wait another four weeks for the moon to get back to it's full state."

"Why?"

"Well, if we're not going to keep you, we're going to sacrifice you so that our ancestors may feast."

I flinch. "That sounds really disturbing."

He grins. "Good." He stands. "I suppose now we'll have plenty of time to prepare you for the dinner."

"Please. I don't want to go."

He laughs.

"What's so funny?"

He shakes his head at me. "You still think you're in charge."

I cross my arms. "I am in charge. I'm the princess."

"Not here, you aren't. Here you're hated."

I feel tears swell up in my eyes. I blink them away. Why would my people hate me?

"Come on, Princess. Let's get you dressed. You're going to get a royal tour."

I blink at him. What was he up to?

"Chop chop!" he says, walking over to the foot of my cot. He picks up some black fabric and hands it to me. 

Another dress.

I look down at myself. I wasn't in the gorgeous gown he had me in before I passed out. I was in a knee-length pink night-gown. I walk over to the dressing curtain and slip on the black dress. It was simple, with a sweetheart neckline and fabric that swirls around my feet, but the black was making it look more impressive.

I step out from behind it. 

He smiles at me. "You really should trade in the pink, Princess. Black is much more suiting."

Even though I did feel sort of like a bad-ass in black, I didn't like the way he said it; as if it were a bad thing. 

"Now," he says, "Shall we?"

"Um, don't I need shoes?"

He blinks. "Ah. Yes, of course. Ronaldo! Bring me some heels for the mistress!"

I heard a shuffle of feet outside the door.

"I suppose I should do something with your hair," he tells me.

"You can do hair?" I ask.

He chuckles. "Princess, I can do anything. Now. Sit."

I scoff, but sit in the chair he was just in anyways. He moves behind me starts to run a comb through my hair.

We're only silent for a few minutes before I speak. "I don't remember anything. Why did I pass out? That's never happened before."

"Well, have you ever been kidnapped before?"

I remain silent.

"Look, everything is just really stressful for you right now. You should just enjoy the palace while you can."

"Right,"  I murmur. "Enjoy the palace."

He sighs. "I'm doing the best I can, Peach."

I turn and look at him. "You said my name."

He looks away and bites his cheek. "Yeah. Everyone knows your name."

"Yes, but no one says it. At least not without a 'your highness' at the beginning."

"Well, you're not considered royalty here."

I squint my eyes. "Then who is?"

He smiles. "I wouldn't want you to pass out again, now would I? Now, please, turn your head back to the front so we can get this over with."

I do as he says and let him finish. I feel him tugging at my blonde locks, but his touch never hurts. I can't tell what he's doing, but I'm guessing it's some sort of up-do.

I think about the things he told me- which isn't much, but it's more than nothing. Surely he's told me something he shouldn't have...?

I close my eyes.

"You're done," he tells me.

"Hm?" I murmur.I open my eyes, and I remember. 

"You're-"

"You're Bowser." I turn and look at him. He remains expressionless. I laugh. "You're Bowser," I repeat. I shake my head, still laughing. "I'm gonna fucking kill you."

He smiles, and transforms before my eyes. "Well done, Princess. I was hoping you'd remember."

I scream and lunge at him.