Chapter 8: LAS VEGAS

AUTHOR'S NOTE: The last time we saw Buddy Petruccio, he was in Lou's tattoo parlor getting finishing touches on his elaborate gambler's tattoo. The Buddy we meet in this chapter shows us more of the real man beneath the ink. Happy reading!

~o~~o~~o~

Buddy Petruccio be-bopped out of the airport terminal toward a waiting limousine, where he tossed his Gucci bag to the driver waiting beside the open trunk.

The back door of the limo swung open, pushed from the inside. Buddy leaned over and looked in, grinning.

"How'd it go?" the limo's passenger asked.

"Perfect," Buddy said. "Nobody even knows I was in town when he died. Got a great tattoo, too."

The limo passenger made a noise that was almost a growl. "Then at least one somebody knows you were in town, Doofus! If it comes up, you may have to take care of that. Get in."

Buddy's grin faded as he slid into the car. "But, Boss, it was Lou. She won't tell nobody."

"She keeps an appointment book, don't she?" the other man said.

"I guess so. I ain't never paid no attention."

"You better hope nobody else pays attention, either. If your name is in her book, it could prove you were in Miami instead of Vegas when it went down."

Buddy chuckled. "Went down," he said. "That's a good one, Boss, 'cause the guy went down, all right."

"Good. Let's hope they never find him. But if they do, you'll go back and disappear Lou O'Malley and her appointment book. Got it?"

"Sure, Boss. Sure." As much as he genuinely like Lou, Buddy Petruccio was never one to let a sentiment stand in the way of business. Certain motorcycle gangs would undoubtedly target Buddy if they found out he had harmed the O'Malley girl, but he would make sure nobody found out. Buddy the Blade was not the sharpest knife in the drawer, pun intended, but he was good at his job.

~o~~o~~o~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:  Thanks for reading! Now click that gold star, type out that lovely comment, and get on to reading the next chapter! What are you waiting for?  :D

Iris