Chapter 2

Recap:

"Well, then. Hi, AI-01. I'm Kazuma Nirimota, your creator."

_________________________

"Eh?" Was my only response.

"I created you." He lazily repeated, "Eh... At first, I only created you because I was bored, but it seems that the experiment worked well." He says. "This is good. I plan to input more code into you, since you'll be my very own personal assistant, designed to complete anything and everything."

"...What?" I asked, surprised.

"Your reactions look real... Hmm... So I guess that data really worked well..." He muttered to himself.

"Um, I don't get what's going on, but what am I doing here?" I ask him, gesturing to the room behind me.

He blinks in response, as if not expecting that question.

"Don't you already know? Or are you a failure? I put it in your code. You're a computer program. A software." He says, his eyebrows scrunching together in confusion.

"...What?" I asked, in complete shock.

He sighs, "Ah, a failure. Looks like I have to reprogram you."

"Wait, wait, wait!" I quickly say, "Let me say this one thing."

"What?" He replies.

"Um, I don't know what's going on, but here's my story." I said, as I revealed to him how I was originally a normal girl, who died and seemingly reincarnated into this state. "I know this seems crazy, but it's true."

He sighs, "Ah, you really are a failure. What kind of artificial intelligence spouts nonsense like this?" He asks himself as he reaches his hands out to the mouse and keyboard. "*sigh* Looks like I have to do it all over again."

The next thing I know, my conscious fades.

~~~

I wake up to see the Monochrome Room again, right in front of me.

'...I'm still here.' I thought, as I turned to the side of the room where the dark side was suppose to be.

I saw the guy again.

"Hey, AI-01." He greeted.

"Do you still believe me? I AM a reincarnated person. I'm not lying." I said, still remembering last time's events.

He frowned. "It seems it's not working."

The next thing I knew, my consciousness fades yet again.

~~~

Again and again, for the next five times, it repeats.

Every time I ask him if he believes, he says no and shuts me out.

Again and again.

It's pissing me off.

I give up.

"This is strange... I've tried re-coding you over and over again, yet it's not working... I guess, for now, I'll have to believe you." He sighs as he sits back in this chair.