The Initiation

Sounds of gameplay came from the adolescent male's computer as he skyped his two fellow gamers, who were also YouTubers just like him. It was a rather chilly winter day as the temperatures were currently below freezing and Anthony had a curious gaze planted on his face.

Anthony's eyes were still in one place, he had zoned out, clearly submerged into his own thoughts.

"Anthony, what the heck are you thinking about that is more important than me talking about Morganthe?" Nathan said, unamused.

Anthony flinched a little from being startled by Nathan's voice. "Daddy."

"Oh, you're talking about Jake Paul?" Thomas assumed, looking away from his PVP match. "Did I just fizzle?"

Anthony raised his brows. "No, I meant my actual father."

"Okay?" Nathan replied, perplexed at why Anthony was thinking about his father. "Do you want to like call him or something?"

"Not my actual father, dude! My WizFatherrrr," Anthony answered with gleaming eyes.

"Are you high on Mega Snacks or something?" Thomas snorted, focused on a new PVP match.

Anthony sighed in exasperation. "Nope-"

"What the fuck is a WizFather?" Nathan stifled a laugh, his voice a little high.

"Just hear me out, okay? Haven't you guys ever wondered who in the Spiral was responsible for creating you?" Anthony looked into the distance, he had a life-changing vision embedded in his mind. "What if it's a relative of Merle Ambrose or maybe a PVP master?"

"Me," Thomas smiled, "I'm about to pummel this duuuuuude- WHAT?! WHAT IS THIS OP SH-"

"Maybe, your daddy is Richard," Nathan grinned.
Anthony cracked up. "Nahh, I ain't no booster's son."

"What about Malistaire?" Nathan suggested.

Meanwhile, Thomas was having a fit about the fifth match he had just lost today.

"Malistaire?! Haha, that'd be cool but I doubt it."

"You'll never know if you don't look," Thomas joked, having calmed down from his rush of gamer's rage. He was barely attentive when he said it, too busy on Wizard101, a pretty neat MMORPG.

Nathan started laughing. "Yeah, he's going to go on a fucking journey to find hi-"

"Dude! You're right! I need to find my WizFather!" Anthony exclaimed, packed with adrenaline.

Thomas and Nathan stared at Anthony, questioning his seriousness. Was this satire or his sober words?

"Guys, I'm ending this call, I gotta find my dad, bye!" Anthony left the call with enthusiasm.

There was an unsettling silence between Nathan and Thomas after that, the kind where crickets chirping would be a filler.

"Okayyyy." Thomas' mouth formed into a tight line.

"That just happened," Nathan shook his head in disbelief, followed by a chuckle.

And then Thomas went back to yet another ranked PVP match meanwhile Nathan texted his girlfriend, Haley.