Searching For Lucas BoomPants

Wizard101 had just released a new virtual reality version of the game which had a voice chat feature. A surprising but brilliant improvement for Kingsisle, they also fixed the outdated graphics and finally added decent loading screens. And, uh, just for the sake of the story making sense, let's say that the NPCs are unrealistically interactive with minds of their own.

Anthony had been saving up eagerly to buy the VR version of Wizard101 and eventually, he had enough money to purchase the product.

He pressed his lips together, concentrating on setting up the VR system. In a couple minutes he had accomplished in doing so. He slipped the device over his head and prepared for a journey into the Spiral.

A couple minutes spent settling into the brand new controls of the game later, Anthony was ready to embark on his foremost quest.

But first thing's first, no wizard was truly prepared for such an adventure without the proper gear. Anthony wisely purchased the Storm Starter Bundle, one of the best packs to exist.

Anthony casually strode through Ravenwood's Commons, taking in his surroundings. There was a cornucopia of different voices, young and old, coming from a variety of wizards. But Anthony didn't have time to socialise with all of these people, he just needed to contact Merle Ambrose.

Anthony stared down at the familiar shadow beneath his feet, his gaze then diverted upwards. He was greeted with a grand tower, Merle Ambrose's tower to be exact. He grinned and pushed the doors open, walking into the building.

"MAN, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW MY NAME, YOUNG WIZARD THIS, YOUNG WIZARD THAT. I'M AT MAX LEVEL, YOU DOOFUS, I'M NOT YOUNG!" A fellow wizard exclaimed furiously.

"Alright, calm down..." Merle sighed, slyly trying to get a decent glimpse of the young wizard's file that could be seen from the corner of his eye.

"I'VE BEEN WORKING MY ASS OFF FIGHTING MALISTAIRE AND MORGANTHE AND WEIRD SHIT FOR THE PAST DECADE AND MY NAME'S ONLY BEEN MENTIONED ONCE! ONCE, AND IT WAS BY A FREAKING MAGICAL STONE IN AVALON!"

Merle gave up at attempting to glance over at the file without the enraged young man noticing, instead he gleamed a fake grin at the wizard. "I understand, I'll call you what you want me to call you,"

The wizard crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes at Merle, "which is?"

Merle began to incite a spell in his head that replaced his next few words with synonyms, so rather than young wizard, he blurted out something else. "...Infant Sorcerer!" 

The student scoffed and threw his hands up in the air, expressing his utter frustration. He stormed off, not bothering to reply, and shoved past Anthony whilst muttering vulgarities and not so nice things about Merle.

Anthony looked back but the student had already decided to teleport away, leaving shimmery residue of his magic in the area. Anthony then looked at Merle, "hey, Merle..."

"Ahh, hello, young wizard, " Merle smiled. "Is there any particular reason to why you have greeted me with your presence?" he queried in his quaky voice.

Anthony nodded. "Yeah, so, this is going to sound a little strange but I'm, uh, wondering if you could help me find my WizFather?"

Merle pursed his lips, squinting at Anthony. "WizFather, you say?"

"Yeah! I mean, yeahhh...  Like the person who created my wizard self?" Anthony shrugged.

Merle looked around his desk. "Just a moment, young wizard." Merle picked up a piece of paper and adjusted his monocle to read it, he mumbled a few incomprehensible words before handing it to the teenage boy. "This may aid in your strange quest, young wizard."

Anthony took the paper and skimmed over all the boring details. "This is a Missing Wizard report?"

"Yes, go interrogate the wizard's family and then find him."

"Merle, I know you're wise and all but how exactly does this correlate with my quest?"

"The missing wizard might have information about your WizFather." Merle said mockfully. (#sassymerle)

"Oh, okay..." Anthony put his hands on his hips and looked at Merle Ambrose, waiting for him to say something else.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Go and complete the task I've assigned you!" Merle was beginning to lose his patience, young wizards kept asking him stupid questions all day and he had to give them some kind of lead to keep them occupied. Quite frankly, having to get them out of his tower was a tiresome process.

Anthony nodded, heading out of the tower. Once he was outside, he read through the file. "Alright, this kid's name is Lucas... Boompants?"

After a short travel on his celaphod racer mount, Anthony was at his destination, which was a quaint, little house in Colossus Boulevard. This was presumably the residence of Mr. and Mrs. Boompants, the ones who would educate Anthony upon the young wizard's whereabouts before his disappearance and other basic details. Anthony dismounted and knocked on the door of the residency.

No answer.

He knocked again.

Still no answer.

Then, he knocked again, even louder, only to be greeted by, you guessed it, no answer. "What's the point of this?"

Anthony swiftly turned around, just about to head off, seeing as there was nobody to interrogate. Suddenly, he heard the door creak open and swivelled back around. The figure in his gaze was not one that looked like a parent, but one that was a dead ringer for the missing wizard report's photo of Lucas Boompants!

"Hey!" Lucas just stood at the doorframe with a cheesy smile.

"Hi... I've come here to interrogate the parents of Lucas Boompants, a recently missing wizard, but it seems like you aren't as missing as this report says?" Anthony gestured at the file in his grip.

"Oh, yeah, I ran away... but I'm back now!" Lucas glanced over to the side, suspiciously.

"Then, why are you still filed as missing?" Anthony queried.

"Dunno, I think my parents filed it before they left to have a vacation in like Empyrea or something?" Lucas simply shrugged.

"Okay? Well, was there a reason to why you ran away?" Anthony was just curious at this point, his care level for Merle's assignment was quite low.

"Yeah, I basically found out that my step-father was a gobbler in disguise, and tried to locate my WizFather but no luck," Lucas explained, as if it were just one of those casual life situations.

Anthony nodded, slightly smiling. "I'm actually looking for my WizFather too."

Lucas capered out of the doorframe, piqued with genuine interest. "Really? You got any leads?!"

"Nah, not yet," Anthony stared down at the ground.

"Well, what if we helped each other out?" Lucas suggested, trying to cover his eagerness to team up.

Anthony looked back up and shrugged. "Yeah, why not!"

And with that, Lucas and Anthony were in for a killer companionship and some pretty cool adventures!

-------
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
If you can't already tell, this story is just a meme and please don't think it's a completely accurate representation of my writing, lmao. I am currently working on a story that will definitely outdo whatever this is and genuinely make sense! Can't wait to share it with you guys. :)
Thanks for reading and have a good day! ♡