Sneak Peek Into The Past

That day Vennela stayed at home again as she was strictly ordered by Jai and Deva against stepping out of home. Even her parents never pampered like her. She has been living in the same home since she not knew when. But after her marriage to Jai, everything changed. The same girl who was admonished for being a menace became the queen. Even today her parents used to admonish her for all the crazy things she would do. But she had her husband on her side who stood like a pillar of support beside her.

Vennela smiled thinking how Deva had literally pushed her out from the kitchen after breakfast asking her to rest her foot. Jai had gone to order flowers for the decoration of the event they were organising. Getting bored, Vennela took out the album of her marriage. It's been 8 months to their marriage. But it still felt like just yesterday. But then her eyes fell on a person's picture smiling at the camera and her smile froze.

Latha, Jai's mother and Deva's estranged wife who found her lost love in her husband in Jai's marriage. But only to lose her life in a feud between this and neighbouring village. The reason Deva had thrown Jai out of home. The year when she had to stay away from her husband, then fiance.

She thought when she first came to know that he was in Milan working with music band.

*mobile rings*

Vennela picks up the phone and frowns at the unknown number.

"Hello"

"Vennela"

Her heart felt like flying.

"Bava"

Was all she could say. 2 months! It has been 2 months since he left the village and he calls her now.

"Vennela? Are you there?"

"Unnanu bava"

"Today.."

"Its been 2 months since Atha's death Bava! I know! Mavaiyya has gone to temple to give offerings."

"How is Nanna?"

"His usual self. Only difference all these years he knew that you both were well. Now he lost Atha and he doesnt know your whereabouts. He is penting up everything inside Bava."

"How is the situation there Vennela?"

"Chinna Mavaiyya without Mavaiyya's knowledge goes on attacking spree against those people. And then they come attacking. All are worried Bava"

"Hmm"

Was all he said. Both held the line. She did not ask how he was and he did not ask her if she was doing good. Because both of them knew that they could not answer the question without breaking down. So Jai being Jai, hung the call first without even a bye.

Vennela came back to present cursing her romantic husband who did not even think about her but was busy enjoying Milan with his new found girlfriend.

At that precise moment her mobile rang. She giggled looking at Jai's number being displayed with his picture smiling at her.

"Hello"

"Enti Vennela? Nannu thiduthunava? Are you scolding me?"

"Bava?"

She asked trying to act innocent. But he smiled knowing her well.

"I know you better than that Vennela."

Vennela just bit her tongue making him chuckle.

"What are you doing? Sitting alone in room and cursing me?"

"And why would I do that?"

"Because I had made sure that you took rest?"

"Or forgetting you had left back your love when you went to Milan"

This time Jai Winced.

"Vennela.. Adi.."

"I know! You were happily enjoying with that girl when I was here sitting and thinking about you and chasing away others who were trying to get me to meet grooms."

"I was not enjoying!"

"If not then how come you landed in their house? And how come the family was ready to get their daughter married to you?"

"But I did not right?"

"Oh yeah! You did not! Should I thank you for that?"

"Vennela?"

"Oka maata! Just one word.. HOW ARE YOU ani adagave? You did not even care for me. You just called to know about the situation and then Mavaiyya! You even asked about Naagulu bava! But not me!"

But on the other side, line already had gone dead! By now Vennela was breathing fire!

"Huh! Let him come!"

Jai smiled as he got down from the car in front of his home.