~Beached~

The calm sea repeatedly rolled against the golden sand, fizzing slightly as the foam disappeared and the water retreated over and over. A particular section of the water was not it's usual blue or grey colour, and had instead been poisoned by a faint hint of red caused by the pierced fin that lay still inside of the shallow liquid. Birds that were used to flipping shells or driftwood over in search of food along the quiet beach swarmed around the lifeless body, intrigued, yet not willing enough to  peck or touch it. 

Yuichirou paced along the beach only a few metres from the scene, the cold morning air blowing at his raven hair and dishevelling it as small amounts of sea water flooded around him, soaking the bottoms of his trouser legs. The cool water didn't seem disturb him from his thoughts, though the squawks of seagulls swooping down infront of him appeared to do so. The boy lifted his head, glancing at what was causing such a commotion and speeding up slightly. His eyes widened at exposed part of a body.

"Oh my god..." He murmured, approaching with a bit more caution, realising the body belonged to a boy. His torso was littered in cuts and scrapes and there was seaweed entangled in his hair, eliminating the idea that this could have just been a passed-out drunk.  "Are...are you alright? Hello...?" Yuichirou desperately tried to remain calm, though the thought that he may have just stumbled along the dead body of a young man, a potential crime scene, continued to barter it's way to the front of his mind. 

The boy's body moved slightly, jerking his head to look at the source of the noise, his eyelids parting to reveal blue eyes. 

"Oh...thank god you're alive!" Yuu rejoiced, stepping forward and outstretching a hand to assist the other person, before being batted away by a sudden increase in liveliness from the boy. He fell back, sand spraying over him as he made contact with the ground. 

The boy scowled weakly at him, his teeth firmly clenched as he spoke. "Away...human...leave now..." Shakily, he pressed his arms to the ground and pushed his torso up, the lower part of his body still masked by ocean plants and water. Yuu stared in confusion. Why didn't he want help? And what did he mean when he called him a 'human'? Perhaps he was unsure of where he was or what was happening because he's in shock. Yuu stood up slowly, holding his hands out as if he was trying to calm down a wild animal. 

"Dude, chill...I'm trying to help you!" He flashed, though his efforts in vain. The boy sat up further, this time flicking his lower body out of the water and catapulting droplets of a water-blood solution at Yuu. What sunlight there was caught the teal scales that coated the damaged yet still beautiful tail, giving the illusion that it was glowing. Yuichirou's jaw dropped at the sight. Reaching his hand into his hair, he pulled a full strands, the slight sting of them falling out confirming that he wasn't in fact dreaming, and that he was actually in the presence of this creature. Once again, he fell back, this time on his own accord. Before he could let out a scream of confusion and fear, the boy fell back down into the position he was found in, his weak arms collapsing under the weight of his body. Yuichirou stared on with an essence of horror in his eyes, unsure of what to do. He had just encountered a creature that doesn't exist, a merman. A wounded one at that. Swallowing any fear he had, Yuu stood up and scurried closer, scanning over the blonder male, removing his jacket when he confirmed he wasn't going to awake and hit him again. He draped the coat over his tail before lifting him up, being as quick as he could to return to his home. Not that his speed mattered- not many people ventured to this side of the shore anyway. 

~

The boy's eyes budged open slowly, the blurred area around him slowly coming into focus. It was clean, with pale tiled walls and sea shell wall prints on one side. Lifting his head, he quickly looked around, panicked once again by the unfamiliar environment, his movements causing water to slip out of the sides of the container he was being held in. 

"Good afternoon," Yuu said entering the room, taking a seat in the far corner. "You've been out for hours, which was good for me, I guess. I didn't want you to wake up and claw my eyes out or whatever while I cleaned you up." The boy pressed his back against the wall, eager to stay as far away as possible from the other person.

"What do you want with me?"

"Excuse me?"

"Sell me, keep me for yourself, cut me up?" The blonder hissed, his brow firmly furrowed. "I won't let you!" A concerned look grew on Yuu's face.

"I wasn't planning on doing any of those things. You looked hurt, so I brought you here to recover." He shuffled his plastic stool a little closer, yet still out of the other's reach if he decided to lash out. "If you want to leave before then, just say the word, but it's probably in your best interest to stay here, alright? I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. My name's Yuichirou, but you can call me Yuu if you would like." He outstretched a hand, a dorky smile across his lips. The blonde looked away, knowing he should probably leave, but the warm feeling in his tummy persuading him otherwise. If he was to go out to sea again with injuries, he would be surely caught. At least here, the human wasn't acting threatening. 

"I'm Mikaela," He mumbled reluctantly. "Or Mika. Whichever." Yuu retracted his hand, not that concerned about Mika not shaking it. 

"Alright, Mika. It's a pleasure to meet you."

~

Well then

I've wanted to write a mermaid AU for ages and Mikayuu seemed fitting (though it might make more sense for Yuu to be the Merman but whatever). Also, I don't think I've ever written an entire thing in third person so I hope it's not terrible haha.

I hope you enjoyed!

-TeenyWeenyCoconut