~Microwave Meals~

"Sorry about the small space," Yuu said, packing a first aid kit away before placing it in a cupboard. "I'll fill up the pool and move you in there if you'd like."

Mika scowled, leaning on the edge of the bathtub. "What? So there's more room for you to teach me tricks, like some dolphin?" Yuu let out a deep sigh in response to the boy's comment.

"You're going to be here for a while, Mikaela. You might as well learn to trust me." Yuichirou slumped down onto the floor, leaning against the sink and looking at the blonde. "Why were you so injured, anyway? I didn't think my first meeting with a mythical creature would be with a half butchered one. Well...I mean, I didn't think I'd meed a mythical creature at all....but you get what I mean." Mika's eyes widened slightly at the question, the room being submerged in a silence as he thought. Suddenly, the boy cupped his hands around his pointed ears that stuck out of his damp hair, trauma and worry flashing across his somewhat masked face. The piercing sounds of men shouting and viscous waves beating against boats seemed to swallow the room for him, and the feeling of sharp objects slicing him and the heavy ropes that made up nets burning his body felt as though they were happening all over again.

"Ah, sorry, um," Yuu interrupted, noticing Mika's discomfort and trying to find a way to segway into a more pleasant conversation. "That doesn't matter. Can...Can I get you anything?" Shaking his head, the blonde rotated his body so his face was towards the wall. Yuichirou arose and headed to the door of the bathroom, taking one last look at the merman before leaving. As the door collided with the frame of the doorway, the boy turned back around, a few stray tears trailing down his porcelain cheeks. A sense of regret for not demanding to be put back in the sea came with the memories of the night before, angering him at his own actions. Though there were risks with staying with this boy, it only slightly challenged to selfishness of the act. He had put his health over the welfare of the rest of his family.

~~

Yuu paced up various aisles, eyeing up the products that decorated the shelves, occasionally stopping to grab something and tuck it under his arm. He had only been to the store last week but hadn't accounted for a house guest, and didn't dare to take his housemates' things despite their absence.

He eventually made it to the pet aisle and came to a halt infront of the 'aquatic care' section. Would it be offensive to offer him something like fish flakes? Even if he did, surely he'd understand and take into consideration that he has never had to accommodate and feed a merman.

Shaking his head, the boy continued his search for something to buy Mika. He lifted a freezer lid up before taking multiple microwave meals and stacking them up next to him, in hopes if he got a big enough selection that there would be something Mikaela would enjoy.

"Wow, Yuichirou. Have you really already eaten everything you bought the last time I bumped into you?" Yuichirou whipped his head around to greet the familiar person. "You'll get fat if you eat too much of this ready made crap."

"I don't need your commentary, Guren," He offered in response, glaring at the older man. Closing the lid of the freezer, the shorter boy lifted the hefty pile of boxes.

"I'm just looking out for you, Yuu. So, why is it you need so much with your little friends gone? Having girls over?"

Yuu shook his head. "I just wanted to have some things in." Part of him wanted to tell Guren about the situation, but thought better of it. He needed advice, but also didn't want to run the risk of endangering Mikaela. "Look, these things are going to defrost if you give me a lecture on how I won't pick up girls with my way of life, so I'm going. Goodbye." He waved as he walked away, leaving Guren to go about his day and allowing Yuu to return to Mikaela.

~~

Yuu knocked lightly on the bathroom door, hoping for Mikaela to invite him in but to no avail. He opened it slowly, peering inside and making sure it wasn't inappropriate to enter.

"I brought some things," he hummed, sitting down cross legged next to the tub. Curious, the blonde jerked his head slightly, but in no such manner that he seemed too enthusiastic. Yuichirou laid out the ready-meals he had carried up with him for Mika to examine.

"I didn't know what you'd like, so I got a selection. Just go ahead and pick one." Yuu smiled, partly out of politeness but mostly from being proud of his problem solving skills. Managing to accommodate a merman was not something many people could say that they could do.

"I've never had human food before," Mika mumbled, his blue eyes scanning over the assortment of meals. He hated to accept Yuichirou's hospitality, but he could no longer deny to himself that he was hungry.

"Well, I would recommend this one." Yuu pointed to a box with a large image on it of some rice with curry delicately cascading over it.

Mikaela nodded in approval of Yuu's recommendation, and soon he was taking the boxes back down to the kitchen to prepare Mika's meal and put the others away. He poked a few holes in the protective plastic before throwing it in the microwave. A few minutes passed, and soon the scent of salt-infused microwave curry had engulfed the entire building. A few brief beeps indicated it had finished and Yuu dished it up, carrying the steaming plate back up into the bathroom.

"Here you go!" Yuu said, offering out the plate and a spoon to Mika. "Be careful, it's pretty hot. Don't burn yourself." Mikaela stared at the dish in awe, as if it were some delicacy from a gourmet restaurant as oppose to the rather unhealthy instant meal that it was. He dug his spoon into the small mountain of food, cautiously shovelling it in his mouth, a discreet smile shortly breaking out on his face as he savoured the flavour of meat and vegetables.

Yuu grinned to himself as he watched the previously reserved boy enjoy the curry, admiring the smile across his face. He hoped that, in whatever time they had together while he recovered, he would get to see Mika smile more.