Chapter 6

Elena
~•~

"Elena, get back!"I hear a familiar voice shout but I see no one. I'm surrounded by complete darkness except for the dim streetlights.

"Who said that?"I ask looking in all directions, but see no one.

"Elena, you need to listen to me,"the voice says again.

"And you need to tell me who you are."

"El- NO!"I hear a gun go off and then immediately feel force on my right side.

I scream as I come in contact with the cold grass. All I hear is ringing throughout my head. My hands search my body for any damage, but I feel nothing. I then look to my right to see a body laying limp on the ground.

I roll over onto my stomach and then get onto my knees to crawl toward the body. Once I reach the body I give a little shove and wait for a response, but I don't receive one. I shove again, but once again, nothing happens.

After rolling the body over, I see the familiar face belonging to a person I have recently gotten to know. My left hand immediately flys up to cover my mouth and I begin to search for any damage when the search is cut short. The cause being the bloody stain on the fabric of his shirt above his chest.

My shaking right hand goes to touch the spot and immediately retract it once I make contact. A small cry escapes my lips as I shake the body several times. I eventually give up and start full on crying.

I lay my head on Shawn's chest letting my tears fall onto his shirt.

"Elena."

I ignore it and continue my crying.

"Elena."

Once again, I ignore it.

"Elena!"

"Leave me alone."

"ELENA!"

~•~

My eyes immediately open and I sit up to come in contact with a head. I look up to see Shawn, dressed in sweatpants and black t-shirt, rubbing his forehead and cursing.

"What?"

"I came to wake you up and I saw that you were crying. Are you ok?"

"I-I'm fine,"I stutter as my hands rub away my escaped tears.

"Are you sure?"

Yeah I'm sure, unless you want to know that I just had a dream of you getting shot trying to save my life. Or the part when I sat next to you while crying on your corpse.

"Yeah, I'm good,"I breathe out and look anywhere but him.

"Ok......"he says, looking me up and down. "Anyways, go ahead and get ready and meet us down stairs when you're done."

He walks out the room and pulls the door closed behind him. I hear his footsteps fade away as he descends the stairs.

I push the covers off of me and head into the bathroom, seeing my eyes slightly red. I sigh as I begin to brush my hair and soon follow that by brushing my hair. I slide a sweatshirt over my t-shirt and then head back into the bedroom.