Chapter 17

We made food and sat around for a while. Sakana decided to go take a shower, since she hadn’t in a long while and felt disgusting. I began to doze off as Sakana showered. The emotional fatigue from the surprise, anger, etc..etc… of the day has led me to a exhausted state of being.

I awoke with a start to a slammed door, and sat up straight right away. I looked around with a guarded expression, and saw a shape walking down the hallway. As it got closer, I realized it was the strange hair cut and shape of Yamato. Once he reached the light, I could see that his face was beat red. I sent him a curious stare, but he didn’t even look at me, and just continued walking. He reached the door, paused, and then walked out with out a word.

            My eyebrows knit in worry, and wonder. I then proceeded to yawn loudly, and lay back down. I wiggled a bit on the couch to get more comfortable.

Just as I was about to curl up in a ball for sleep again, I heard a faint whisper, “Yoki… I need clothing.”

My eyes opened tiredly once again, and somewhere in the back of my head I wondered why she was whispering, when her usual demeanor was loud and outgoing, in the past she may have even strut out in her birthday suit and demanded clothing.

            My tired mind just seemed to brush that away, and I rose with a sigh to walk to my room and get her a spare pair of clothing. I grabbed a loose t-shirt and shorts that were very similar to the ones I’d changed into earlier. Then, I purposely took my time and dragged my feet as I made my way to the bathroom.

Her head peaked out of the door, and when she saw me taking my time, she whined, “Yokiiiiiiiinnaaaaaaa.”

I chuckled and shook my head, then walked faster up to her. I bonked her on the head, “Yo-ki,” I say, “Yokina is to long.”

She shook her head, and I only just notice the red brushing her cheeks, as well as the way she doesn’t seem at all joyous, though she was prior to her shower. Then two and two came together as I processed my two red-faced friends.

            “No way!!!” I stated loudly, with an incredulous tone.

Her cheeks darkened, “Shut up! Let me change!” She said and closed the door.

I began smiling uncontrollably, then laughing uncontrollably. She walked out with her face still reddened.

            “He didn’t!” I was yelled through my laughter, from my new position on the floor.

I clutched my stomach, as I laughed, unable to contain myself.

“Shut up, you’re such an ass,” she said half-heartedly, then pushed me with her foot.

I sat up finally, then wiped a tear from my eye, “Wow, Yamato really must have bad luck with the ladies,” I state, “Were you already out of the shower?”

She nodded, looking down in embarrassment, “If he’d heard the shower, he probably wouldn’t have come in,” she sated exasperated.

            “You’re right,” I sigh with my face still forming a large grin, “So he saw everything?”

She through her hands up in the air and walked away in mock anger, and extreme embarrassment.

“That’s why the door slammed and he walked out blushing,” I say, getting up finally.

From somewhere in the kitchen, a banana flies toward me. I catch it before it hits my head.

“Ah, I totally ship you two,” I say under my breath.

“I heard that!”