Chapter 1

Y'all aren't ready for this.

"Mami, I don't want to go to school," my four year old complained as I fixed his backpack on his shoulders.

"Nikolai Mendes-Cabello, you are going to preschool," I say sternly, as I reach for his hand as we walk into the building.

"But-" he starts, but I cut him off just as fast.

"We are already here, baby. It's a Friday, I just need you to get through today please," I tell the stubborn boy. He definitely gets that from Shawn, not me.

"But that means you won't be here tonight and I want to spend my night with you," Nik says with an adorable pout.

"We'll spend the whole day together tomorrow, since your dad is out of town," I suggest since this would usually be Shawn's weekend. Nik smiles widely at me before dragging me into his classroom. I look around to find his teacher, but all I find is a gorgeous black haired woman standing with the kids.

"Ms. Lauren," my son says excitedly, releasing my hand and running to give the woman a hug before I even realize it. I walk over to where my son is still clinging to the foreign woman.

"Nikolai, I'm sure she doesn't want you hanging on her like this," I say, signifying for my son to get off.

"Oh, he's fine. Nik is the best, right bud," the lady Nik called Lauren told me. She bends down and picks Nik up fully into her arms, giving him a fist bump once he is situated.

"Where's Mrs. Phillips," I ask, needing to get to Shawn's house before he is late to the airport.

"Oh she's not here today, so I'm gonna be the teacher," Lauren informs me with a smile that if I didn't even already know I was gay, I definitely would know now. I mean she is just wow.

"Who is just wow?" and I had said that out loud.

"Uhhhh, Mrs. Phillips," I say more as a question than an answer. The emerald eyed girl just laughs before putting my son down.

"Well, I think it is about time to get class started. Why don't you gather everyone up, Nik," Lauren ask, making Nikolai run off without even saying goodbye to me.

"It was nice meeting you, Lauren. I better get going," I say with a smile.

"It was nice meeting you too...." she trails off waiting for my name.

"Camila," I tell her quickly. She nods before giving me a wave. I walk out of the classroom doors and into the hallway. I rush to my best friend's house before he leaves for a week.

"I can't believe I didn't get to say bye to Nik," Shawn groans as soon as I open the door, looking like he just woke up. I shrug apologetically before walking into his home. Shawn and I have been best friends since we were three, at one point or another we made a pact that by 25 if we hadn't already settled down we'd make a baby. That is how Nik came along, although it happened much earlier than 25. No I did not have sex with him, I find guys in no way attractive.

He basically cummed in a cup and I shot it up my vagina. It was definitely the awkwardest thing I've ever done.

"Well that's your fault for waking up late," I inform him as we walk into the living room.

"And you couldn't had just brought him by before school," Shawn complains as he plumps down onto the couch.

"He would've been late if I had done that and you know it. You should've taken up my offer of him staying here last night if you wanted to see him that bad," I tell him as I follow his move and sit down on the couch.