Chapter 5

"Wow." That's all that's going through my head as I look at the beautiful green eyed woman in front of me. Just wow.

"You look stunning too," Lauren says bashfully, her eyes either staring at the ground or my body. I'm not sure whether that's good thing or a bad thing.

"Thank you," I say with a large smile on my face.

"Are you two done being gross yet," Dinah complains, seeing her wife waiting for them in her car outside of the house. Dinah had already been introduced to Lauren a moment ago when she opened the door and bombarded Lauren with questions. Lauren and I shake ours heads 'no' before laughing it off each with a blush on both of our faces and follow Dinah out to the car in the driveway. Lauren and Dinah somehow end up sitting in the back while I am stuck up front with the amazing Normani.

"How the fuck did I get stuck back here in my own car," Dinah grumbles, obviously not happy with the result of what happened.

"Because you're too slow," I say, turning around in my seat and as Dinah sticks her tongue out at me causing Lauren to giggle her cute giggle quietly.

"Oh by the way, I'm Normani," Normani says, remembering that she hadn't introduced herself yet.

"That's my hot ass wife," I hear Dinah whisper to the green eyed girl next to her, making her giggle.

"I'm Lauren," she replies in between. Normani glances to the back before turning back around once she feels my hand on her arm.

"I'm paying attention, I promise," Normani says quietly so that Lauren doesn't hear her. I nod my head and relaxes my grip slightly on her arm.

"So, Normani what do you do for a living," Lauren ask with interest.

"I'm a dancer, big dreams, really small start though," Normani says before adding," But with my wife making the money she does, I can afford the small start."

Lauren chuckles at Normani's joke, quickly quieting down as she's the only one laughing. I smile at the fact that my two friends are getting along so well, Dinah is unusually quiet.

"So have you guys fucked yet," I hear Dinah ask from the backseat and realizes that I spoke too soon, of course Dinah would ask that.

"Dinah Jane Hansen," I practically screech, surprised that my best friend was being so blunt.

"No, not yet," Lauren replies quietly and I instantly stop all movement. Yet? What the hell does she mean by yet?

"Oooh girl, I get you," Dinah teases making me blush. I'm so happy I got the front seat, I can at least hide my embarrassment from Lauren a little better up here. I hear Lauren chuckle and I find myself smile at the sound. What the hell is happening to me? Lauren is just a friend.

"Don't look back now, but your girl is hella whispering with Dinah," Normani mumbles, looking through the front mirror at the two in the back.

"Not my girl, Mani," I snap back at her, making Lauren and Dinah's attention focus on us. I give her an apologetic look for snapping and she nods, letting me know that it's okay.

"Alright, we're here," Normani announces as she pulls into a parking spot in the second row of cars. We all get out, Dinah and Normani instantly latching onto each other making Lauren and I tag along behind them.

"Quite a pair of friends you got there," Lauren says, striking up conversation.

"They're a handful at times, I'm glad I found someone to make me not awkwardly third wheel with them," I halfway joke. I love my best friends, but it does suck always being the one that's semi left out.