Part 15: What to Do When You're Bored

<Alex's POV>

     When I get to my homeroom, I start unpacking my bag and notice a little note in the slightly unzipped pocket of my bag.

Alex,

     I hope this letter finds you in good health, and a prosperous enough position (we both know you're the mayor's son) to put wealth in the pockets of people like me, down on their luck, because you see, that was my girlfriend you thunderstruck.

     Uh-oh, you made the wrong sucker angry, Alex. So no it's time to pay the price for that mouth you kissed her with. And hey, you can keep seeing my hoe girl. If the price is right, I won't tell that you gave her a whirl.

Sincerely,

James Reynolds

     What? Maria!

     She must have told him! What have I done? I knew I should have told her no the first time, that I shouldn't have kissed her then! What have I done? 

     I take out my phone and take a picture of the letter and send it to Maria.

You: Did you know about this?

Maria: No!

You: Maria...

Maria: I didn't Alex, I swear!

Maria: Class is starting soon. See you later? ;)

You: Maybe

     I put away my phone and the letter as the bell rings. Eliza slides into the seat next to me, and I can't help feeling guilty.

     "Hey, Babe." She says, kissing me. Her lips feel so much different than Maria's, but I don't know which one I like better.

     "Hey." I smile at her, right as John takes the seat to my other side.

     "Hey, dude. What's up?"

     "Nothing really." I respond. "How's your family?"

     "They're doing good, actually. Yeah."

     "Good."

     "Good Morning, Class!" Mrs. Ludigton greeted. She droned on and on, all through the class, but all I was thinking about was Maria and that cursed letter.

______________________

<Peggy's POV>

     I twiddled my thumbs.

     I counted to 2,435.

     I counted the tiles on the ceiling.

     I tried everything.

     Hospitals are so boring when you can't walk around. Or do anything, really, except watch television. And the remote for that was where John had been sleeping, and the call button was over there too, leaving me with nothing to do.

     I touched old scars. Ones from Chicken Pox and ones from cutting myself- most of them on accident.

      I moved my toes, trying to make them pop. I counted the pops I heard whenever I moved. They weren't many.

     I counted down the hours until John would be done with school.

     I counted down the minutes until John would be done with school.

     I counted down the seconds. 21,600 seconds until John would be done with school. Then, commute time, time to do homework....

     If he'd be coming at all.

     That thought worried me immediately. Of course he'd come, right? Right?  He'd come. I was sure of it. Only upwards of 21,000 seconds. Only.

     I buzzed my lips, making a sound like a horse.

     I stuck my tongue in my cheek.

     But most of all, I slept.

     And a blissful sleep it was, too.

_________________________

     Sorry it's so short, but you all were begging for a new chapter. So, here's a short little teser.

2k reads!!!? What!!? YOu guys are ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!!

And I love your comments so much, I've probably mentioned it before.

Anyways, maybe I'll upload later, who knows?

Cocoa out.