g o o d b y e

"Sirius! We have to leave for Godric's Hollow soon!"

"Alright love! I'll be down in a second!"

Sirius comes bounding down the stairs, and grabs Sophia's hand, before spinning her around and kissing her like he was suffocating and she was air.

"Ready?" He grinned at her, and she couldn't help but grin back.

"Always."

The couple apparated to Godric's Hollow, greeted with half the house blown to pieces.

"No-" Sirius started, but a movement caught his eye. Turning to the left, he saw a man around his age, with a rat-like face. Peter.

"You! You sold them out!" Sophia screamed at him. He looked at her, then at Sirius, then down to her bloated belly.

"How lovely to see you Sophia! I'm so excited for the baby to get here! When's the baby shower?" Peter mocked. Sirius' fist balled up. He looked ready to pounce.

"You won't touch her. You hear me? You've already taken my best mate and his wife from us! You don't get to take anyone else!" Sirius was fuming now.

"Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case." Peter grins a maniac grin. I inch back, placing a hand over my bloated belly.

Peter raises his wand, pointing it directly at me. I raise mine as well, ready to defend myself and my unborn child. Sirius also raises his wand.

"Now, I'm sorry but I must cut this short. I have places to be." Peter snarls. But just as he was apparating, Sirius sends a curse at him. I can see the curse catch his thumb, but he walks away, other wise completely unscathed.

We hear shouts approaching our spot by the partially demolished house and I turn around, expecting to see a muggle who heard all the shouting but was then greeted by a good friend of mine, Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"Kingsley? What are you doing here?" I ask, slightly confused at his sudden appearance.

"The Ministry is on their way. And since this neighborhood is watched, they saw Sirius shoot that curse at Peter. And they believe that Sirius has murdered him in cold blood. They also think that you have sold the Potter's over to You-Know-Who. I am here to take Sophia and your unborn child. Sirius, they will hunt you down. Your best bet is to surrender yourself to them. If you don't, I fear they will make Sophia and your child's life a living hell." Kingsley finishes.

Sirius looks down at his hands, now balled into fists.

"But Peter is still alive! Peter sold them out, not Sirius! They can't take him from me!" I screech. Kingsley looks down, tears spilling from his eyes.

"Don't worry, Phia. I'll be back for you. I'll get out. I promise. I want to see our child one day. I'll come back to you, I promise." He chocks out.

Tears spill down my face, dropping down my chin onto my bloated stomach. If they take him, I have no one. Remus is in hiding. He will not come out so easily.

"I won't stop searching for him, I promise you. I'll find him, that lowly rat, and I'll send him to Azkaban and you will come out. I promise." I manage to get out in between sobs.

He tilts my chin up, looking deep into my eyes as he wipes away my tears. "Don't make promises you can't keep." He whispers before giving me a tender kiss full of so many emotions, many of which I can't identify.

When we finally pull away, Kingsley gently grabs my hand, but before we apparate, I whisper, "I love you."

And we are gone before he can answer me.

He's gone.