e s c a p e d

A few weeks before the start of the new term, Sophia Black was sitting at her table in her small apartment in North London that she lived in while she wasn't teaching. She was eating her breakfast, a piece of toast and a scrambled egg, when she heard a knock on the door.

Confused, seeing as how she never had any visitors, she opened the door a crack, revealing a man with shaggy black hair and dark circles around his eyes. She gasped, dropping her mug.

His skin was taunt around his grey eyes, while he smiled at seeing his wife for the first time in twelve long years.

"Sirius?" Ask said in barley a whisper. He said nothing, only wrapping her in a hug as she sobbed into his chest.

"Is it really you? How are you even here?" She asked, very confused. "Ah love. You couldn't expect just a measly prison away from you and our son. By the way, where is the little brat?" He asked. Her face fell at the mention of her lost child.

"I-I lost him. Turns out I can't have kids." She looked down, swallowing a lump in her throat.

Without hesitation, he wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight against his chest.

"It's alright, love. But I would think that you would have moved on by now. I mean, I'm thrilled that you haven't. But honestly love- I've been gone for twelve years." He looked down. She tilted his chin up. "And I can never love anyone like I love you. I've wrote you letters that I keep in a box under my bed. Each one never got sent. But I knew you would come back. I always knew. Because you're Sirius Black. And I'm Sophia Black. Apart, we are broken. But together, we are whole." She grinned up at the man she loved, him looking at her with love and adoration.

"I can't stay for long. But listen. I'll be by Hogwarts. I've gotten in contact with Remus. He's teaching this year. And I'll be by the school. He found a lead on Peter. I'm going to bring that bloody rat in so that I can be with you again. As a family. A small one, but still one that means the world to me. I love you. I'll always love you. I'll be in touch. Stay safe." And he kissed her.

Oh how she's missed his lips.

Once they broke apart, he left, but not before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"He's out." She whispered, sitting down on the floor, completely shocked.