Chapter 4

A/n: This is going to be a short update due to me trying out something new, let me know how well it works or if it flopped.

-3rd person-

(y/n) sits at his desk writing in his own journal looking over powder and crystals of dust.

"How can such a small crystal hold such tremendous power?" (y/n) asks no one but himself. He sets the (f/c) crystal down and looks back as his drawings for a new weapon when he hears a knock on his door. "Come in." he calls and turns to see Velvet walk in.

"Hey (y/n), hows it going?" Velvet asks holding one of her arms. "It's going well, thanks. How are you?" (y/n) asked standing up. "I'm good. Are you busy?"Velvet asked pointing at the weapon sketches and dust. "I was before but I can take a break. Did you want to talk about something? "Velvet nods. (y/n) sets his quill down and stands turning to Velvet."Then you have my full attention." Velvet looks at him and takes a deep breath. "I-i wanted to... see how you were settling in. I know from your brother's journal it is much different then what your used to." (y/n) notices the hint of hesitation and raises an eyebrow before mentally pushing it aside. "I've been settling in well thank you. Things have taken a turn but change must be done in order to grow." He looks at her seeing still uneasy about something, but this gives him an idea.

"Velvet where do you like to go to relax?" (y/n) asks putting a hand on his chair, she just slightly tilts her head to the side letting her bunny ears flop a little as she does. "W-well there is one spot out in the court yard that I like to go to." (y/n) nods. "Then do you mind if you show me? I think a walk and some fresh air sounds nice." Velvet's head tilts a little more but then goes back up to it's normal state."S-sure." (y/n) nods and walks to the door opening it for her."Lead the way, my lady" Velvet blushes a give a slight curtsy before walking out.

"So Velvet, what made you choose this life?" (y/n) had asked staring ahead of them. "w-well since you... stood up to Cardin and his friends they hesitate to bother me." Velvet had answered in a more calmer tone then before."They only hesitate? That implies they haven't completely let you alone..." (y/n) states with a little venom on his words. "They have stopped the physical bullying..." She stops for a moment recalling something. "Then what have they been saying?" (y/n)asked turning on his heel to look at her. "They... ... ... ..."Velvet mumbles her response. "They do what Velvet?" "They tease me about.... you. They call you my boyfriend." (y/n) slightly freezes in place and turns a little pink before looking away. "I-i see, and does that... bother you?" (y/n) asked.

Velvet blushes hard before pulling her bunny ears down to cover her face failing to hide it.(y/n) just smiles but slowly it fades as he no longer sees the modern huntress in front of him but his long beloved Empress. A feeling he let go of many years ago, begins to resurface once more. Returning to present day era. "Come velvet we still we have yet to reach our destination." (y/n) continued on walking with his hands behind his back but this time with a thousand yard stare in his eyes. Velvet peaked out from behind her ears and began to follow the knight once more.

As they reach the garden multiple flowers of all colors in full bloom and the sun begins to set along the horizon. A gentle breeze blows rustling the leaves of the trees nearby some falling off gliding with the wind. "I see why you come here. It's quite peaceful." (y/n) had said starring off into the sun set.

Velvet just hummed in agreement following his stare. They sit in the grass falling into a silence.Neither of them wished to disturb the peace before them, but just enjoy it for as long as it may last. Velvet steals a glance at the knight beside her the wind causing his hair to move lightly. She glances over him noticing some scars on his arms, without noticing or hesitation she reached out and lightly traced them. (y/n) glances seeing her staring at them.

"Playing healer are we?"(y/n) teased the rabbit girl. Velvet just chuckled lightly blushing."How did you get them?" She asked looking back up into his silver eyes. "As a knight for the kingdom, you see your fair share of battles. Each one has their own story, own battle." (y/n) had answered. Velvet still traces the scars seeing them up close. "Do you feel better? More calm then before?" (y/n) had asked. Velvet nodded and moved her hands into her lap, also returning her gaze back to the sun set. "I wanted to ask you about a dance coming up..."Velvet trails off. Seeing where this is going (y/n) breaths in and smiles. "Ah yes, Ozpin told me about this dance. I was thinking of entertaining the idea of going." Velvet looks at him and he looks back both staring into their eyes. "Would you like to go with me Velvet?" Velvet seemed to beam with glee as her answer was a sudden tight hug around his neck. "YES!" (y/n) chuckles and hugs her back. The two stayed in each others arms for a while before (y/n) had heard a small snore. He leans back a bit to realize that the rabbit faunas had fall asleep.

" I guess shes more comfortable around me then I thought." (y/n) said quietly. He picks her up bridle style and carries her back to her teams room. Once approaching the door he had knocked on the door with his foot since his arms were currently being used. There was a some shifting sounds on the other side of the door. " Did you lock yourself out again velvet?" A female voice came from the other side. Once the door open the brown haired girl looked at my chest ad the sleeping velvet before raising her gaze to my face. "No she just fell asleep."(y/n) had said. "Did you do anything to her in her sleep?" Coco had asked reaching for her purse. "Only carried her here." Coco stopped and smiled. "Good, her bed is by the window. Just drop off your sleeping beauty there." (y/n) had chuckled and walked over setting her down on her bed.

 " I can tell she cares for you. She didn't stop talking about you when you were in the med bay. But I can see she's in good hands." Coco said looking Velvet. (y/n)nodded and started to leave the room. "I'll do my best to keep her happy in my care. Good night." "Night sir Knight." Coco said closing the door behind him. "Yes. (y/n) i'll marry you..."Velvet said in her sleep. "I better be the damn bride's maid!"Coco soft yelled at Velvet.