8

this was so stupid. here kunimi was, outside of the school building, just to apologize to somebody. if this was anybody else, the first-year would have dusted off the problem and ignored it until the other person stopped being a whiny bitch ass. but for kindaichi, kunimi would make an exception.

but that still doesn't advert the fact that it was fucking eight in the morning, when the sun decided to cower behind some clouds and kunimi's gay ass was left in the cold. to pass the time, he took out his phone and checked the group chat that matsukawa-san created.

8:05 am

hanamaki: kunimi

hanamaki: kunimi

hanamaki: kunimi

hanamaki: kunimi

kunimi: calm ur tits, what do u want

hanamaki: did u call him yet?

kunimi: he won't answer

hanamaki: this calls for drastic measures

kunimi: don't worry, i'm already waiting outside for him

hanamaki: w ell ,, s hi t ,,

hanamaki: my heart just went doki doki

kunimi: how do i delete somebody from life

yahaba: that's called murder

kunimi glanced up from his phone and spotted the familiar turnip hair of his best friend. his breath caught in his throat as he realized his situation.

you apologize and confess. as easy as that.

but it wasn't that easy, testing a friendship that had been slowly built up from years of work. if those harmless words of confession turned out to be the crumbling of their relationship, what would kunimi do then? the thought of losing kindaichi barred a much heavier weight, then the thought of a successful future with him.

"kindaichi." kunimi said, his voice firm.

he couldn't look desperate. he couldn't look nervous. thank god he was born with a resting bitch face.

"ah - um, kunimi!" kindaichi stuttered, his eyes refusing to connect with the pair staring back at him.

"i'm sorry." there. done. over with.

"is that - is that all you're going to say?"

shit. no. don't make me say more.

i said sorry. that's all i need to do, right?

"just sorry? do you know what you're sorry for?"

don't look at me like that. i'm sorry. please just accept that.

kunimi was speechless. he opened his mouth to speak, but closed it after realizing he had nothing to say.

"i shouldn't be upset over this kind of thing, but kunimi," kindaichi took a shaky breath, "you've never gotten that defensive before. did i - did i go too far?"

kunimi felt somehow reassured by that statement. kindaichi thought it was his fault. well i mean, it partially is.

at least he wasn't mad at kunimi or anything. but if the latter confessed now, who knows what kindaichi will do.

when faced with this situation, kunimi finds lying to be the answer, "of course you didn't! it was probably just one of my off days. I thought that you were mad at me."

"to be honest, at first, i was. i mean how would you feel when your best friend suddenly says that he wouldn't listen to what you have to say. i understand asking you to change for me is asking a lot, but in that moment i guess i was a bit self-absorbed."

"let's put this all behind us, ok? we're still friends, right?" kunimi asked, feeling guilty as he suppressed his emotions.

"best friends." kindaichi replied with one of his innocent grins.

who would ever give up a friendship like this? i don't want to confess if it means losing a close relationship like this.

kunimi left his feelings bottled up tight. not knowing that if you screw the cap too tight, once it's opened, it will overflow.

9:54 am

the purest: hello senpais !!

oikawa: aaa! kindaichi is everything ok with kunimi now??

the purest: we r ok now!!

hanamaki: hmm

matsukawa: hmmmmm

bork bork snarl: hmmmmmmmmmm

heckin' angry woofer: :/

secretly soft: i stg

kunimi support group

hanamaki: hello :)))

kunimi: no

hanamaki: u didn't fucking confess did u?? :)))

matsukawa: he's using passive aggressive smiles kunimi

matsukawa: he means business

kunimi: piss off

yahaba: u promised, u even promised kyoutani

kyoutani: >:(

kunimi: u don't understand

kunimi: I don't want to lose him as a friend

yahaba: we already went through this kunimi, you'll never know unless you try

kunimi: but what if i do try and he rejects me?

kunimi: i want to stay as we are

matsukawa: please at least just try

yahaba: leave it matsukawa-san

yahaba: kunimi we will support whatever decision u make, but just know it might not be the right one

kunimi: thank u, but i know that this is the right choice...

delete kunimi support group?

chat deleted.

a/n: back to memes - rain