02 | embrace

arden and elliot had found themselves the next day in bed, bodies intertwined with one another. arden had her face buried into elliot's neck, as he snored peacefully against the side of her head.

arden smiled, wrapping her arms around his thin torso in comfort.

"morning." she whispered, breathing into his shirt collar.

elliot stirred, tightening his grip on her.

arden grin grew even bigger.

"morning, love." he mumbled, his voice rapsy from just waking up.

she sighed happily when elliot moved even closer to her.

"elli?"

he hummed in response.

"do you wanna get breakfast?"

elliot stiffened.

"ah, it's okay. i'm not that hungry..." he trailed off, rubbing a hand over his eyes.

"oh, okay, just checking."

he kissed her cheek.

"thanks, darling. i'll let you know when i get hungry, okay? if you're hungry, you can eat. go ahead, i don't mind."

arden nodded, but something felt off about him.

"okay, i'll be back."

elliot hummed again in repsonse.

reluctantly loosening herself from his grip, arden headed downstairs to the kitchen. she took her time by opening the cabinets, fridge, and drawers for whatever reason. finally, she decided on getting eating a granola bar.

opening one of the drawers, she grabbed one from inside a small box and tore open the wrapper.

she stopped.

maybe i should bring one for elliot just in case.

grabbing another bar, she treaded back upstairs to her room quietly. opening the door, she found no sight of elliot anywhere.

"elliot?"

a groan sounded from her bathroom.

rushing to the bathroom door, she knocked frantically.

"elli, are you okay?" arden asked, worried.

"yeah, i'll be there in a sec-"

he was cut off by the sound of him hurling.

she gasped.

"i'm coming in, okay?"

"no, no, don't worry i'm fine-"

arden quickly threw open the door and paused when she saw elliot curled up against the wall, looking in discomfort.

"what— are you okay?"

he managed to nod.

"yeah, i'm fine," he said, wincing. "i just hit my head on the counter, that's all."

he was lying, arden could pratically feel it. but she went along with it anyways.

"do you want an advil or something?"

"no, i'm fine. just give me a second to recover."

she frowned.

"okay, uh, just call my name if you need anything. i'll be right here."

"don't worry, i will. go get something to eat."

arden nodded, closing the door behind her. she walked to her bed and plopped down, finally deciding to eat her granola bar in peace. just as she took a bite, hurling could be heard from the bathroom.

what are you hiding from me, elliot?