mine

I stare at the blonde walking into the restaurant.

A while back when David and I were not dating yet, Chelsea, this girl used to hit on him all the time and completely ignore me.

"Hey, baby. You ok?" David asks. He reaches his hands over the table and holds mine. He follows my eyes until he sees Chelsea.

"Babe, don't let her ruin tonight." He says and rubs tiny circles on my hands.

"Oh my gosh! Dave! I haven't seen you forever!" She says and walks over to us and hugs him. I eye her sharply.

"Oh, hey Chelsea. Yeah, well you did transfer schools." He says looking down.

More like getting kicked out of our school...

How does anyone wear that much makeup?

"What are you doing with her?" She asks David and gives a discussing look towards me.

"Going out with my girlfriend." He says and smiles.

"Girlfriend?" She asks with her mouth open.

"I can't believe that Liza freaking koshy is your girlfriend! But your so hot and popular and she's so.... you know." She says trying to find the right word.

"You mean pretty, smart, beautiful..." he says to her. "Thanks for your opinion but I'll never leave Liza, now I would appreciate if you would get away from us and let us enjoy our date."

"Fine" she huffs and walks away.

"Thank you David." I say.

How did I get such a good boyfriend.

David pays for my meal and we walk outside into the chilly air. He kisses me and tells me I'm beautiful for the 4th time tonight.

"David, I don't know but Chelsea had me thinking, why do you date me? She's so popular and pretty." I say to him.

"Liza, your the most beautiful girl ever! I wouldn't date her in a million years. She doesn't make me as happy as you do. And besides you have hundreds of guys lining up for you." I say and she laughs.

She kisses me.

"I love you"

"I love you more" I say and laugh.