Chapter 10

Myra's P.O.V.

Damen was uneasy when Rick left. He hugged me for several minutes, refusing to let go. "We need to finish packing," I said, gently pushing him back.

He didn't want to let go but I didn't give him a choice. "Okay." He walked away to finish packing. It wouldn't take long but I was anxious to get home.

I missed my family and friends, but I was afraid of they would react when they found out that that I'm a shifter. Surely, they wouldn't kill me, right? I thought. I'm the only heir. Killing me will eventually cause the pack to deteriorate. I told myself. I was trying hard to reassure myself but it wasn't working well, so I pushed it all to the back of my head and walked into the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the floor-length mirror and lifted up my shirt. I didn't see much of a difference, if any, until I turned sideways. There was an ever-so-slight bump. I didn't think there was going to be anything until I was a month pregnant, which is about five months of a human pregnancy. I haven't been pregnant that long! It may have been about ten days, if that. Maybe, shifters have a shorter pregnancy than wolves. I honestly wasn't sure how long it had been, especially because Damen was so mesmerizing. I haven't known him that long but I have known him since the beginning of time. It's strange. We are soul-mates, bound to each other for an eternity. But it doesn't seem like we have been together an eternity.

Time is a funny thing. When you do certain things, you lose track of it and think that it is much earlier than it is, but when you are bored or don't have anything to occupy your time, it seems to take forever for a minute to pass. This was different in a way. Time was going by so fast, but I felt like he has been mine for months, years, even!

I looked down at my belly and felt all fuzzy and warm. I was going to have Damen's baby and we were going to be so happy. "You ready, yet?" Damen called.

"No," I squeaked.

Damen walked into the bathroom as I was pulling my shirt down. My vision was blurry with tears but I knew that I was smiling. Why am I smiling? I'm sixteen for god's sake! I scolded myself.

He looked at me in awe. "What's with the happy tears?" He chuckled, glancing at my hands that were resting on my tummy protectively. He stepped closer to me and smiled slightly. "So?" He urged.

I lifted my shirt slowly. He eyed my tummy. "Already?" He said. "That mean that your pregnancy will be shorter than we thought."

I nodded, grabbing his hand and placing it on my belly, hoping for a kick or some kind of reaction. "I haven't felt anything from her yet," I whispered.

"Her?" He laughed. "What makes you so sure that he'll be a girl?"

I smiled. "A mother's instinct, I guess." I felt a flutter and watched Damen's eyes widen.

"This is really happening to me. I'm having a baby! And soon, too! Oh god! We've got to get to your pack before the baby comes!" He said frantically.

"She moved," I whispered, pulling my shirt back down. "Calm down, we'll make it to the pack. We should be there by tomorrow night. Then we can get an ultrasound!" I squealed. I reached up, putting my hands on the nape of his neck, and gently pulled him into a kiss. "Now, I'm ready!"

We walked hand in hand until we were a good distance from any cities. Damen stripped down and handed me his clothes. He shifted in a matter of seconds into his beautiful white wolf. I pulled the bag back over my shoulder and pat his back. "Let me up!" I whined.

You're not gonna shift?

"You told me that it has to be an emergency!" I reminded. "Kneel down, Damen!"