Chapter 12

Myra's P.O.V.

I woke up in Damens arms the next morning around noon. We slept in due to our late night adventures.

This is something I can get used to, My wolf said.

Yeah.

Damen opened his eyes and met mine. "Good morning, beautiful," He said.

"Are you ready for today?" I yawned.

"What's today?"

"Ultrasound, duh!" I screamed happily. "It's a girl. I'm telling you!"

"Doubt it!" He laughed. "Come on! We need to get you something to eat!"

I hopped out of bed and sprinted to the closet. I pulled a summer dress down, even if it was November, I loved to wear dresses. It was a light yellow dress and I found a pair of flats to match perfectly. Proud of my outfit selection, I put it on and jumped out of the closet. "Tada!" I yelled.

"Why are you wearing that?"

"'Cuz heels will hurt my back."

"No. I mean, the dress! It's thirty degrees out."

"I'll be fine. I wear dresses every winter!"

He sighed and picked me up in a bridal carry. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and long jeans. He put me down and opened the door to the hallway. "After you, my lady!"

I walked out and led the way to the mess hall. I was welcomed by piles upon piles of bacon and pancakes and eggs! Most of the pack was sitting around the table with a full plate. The noise that was there before ceased as we walked in. They all trained their eyes on us. Gasps escaped their lips as they saw my protruding stomach. "Damen," I whispered.

"Shouldn't I be the one that's afraid?" He answered. "It'll be fine."

He walked with me towards my parents and we took a seat beside them. Our plates were already made and Dad smiled. "Let's eat!" He exclaimed. He was always one for teasing the pack with food right under their noses. It was the ultimate test of self-control for the children.

I dug in. I drowned my pancakes with syrup and at them quickly. The bacon and eggs were gone in a matter of seconds and I was already begging for more. The pack was eyeing me, even the newly pregnant girls, who sat with their mates. None of them were showing yet and I only knew about four or five of the girls. There were about nineteen guys that I knew. Some people had joined their mates pack but most stayed here. Our pack had almost doubled overnight. One person that I noticed was missing was Amy. I leaned towards my dad. "Where's Amy?"

"She's in the pack hospital and then she will be banished from our pack."

I gasped. "Just for grabbing my arm?"

"Why dont you look at your arm, Myra. They all know it was her. It's either that or an execution."

I looked at my left arm, the one she grabbed and was surprised to find that it was black and blue above my elbow. I looked down. "Okay. Just don't hurt her."

"She will be in the hospital for a few weeks. She banged her head pretty badly."

I nodded and continued to eat, this time, picking at it.

We were all finished with our food about an hour later and Dad escorted Damen and I to the pack hospital where we would get my ultrasound done. The moment I walked in, a nurse told us to follow her and we did. It was really cold and I was nervous about lifting my dress up for the doctor to see my stomach.