Let's Play by getlost548

Let's Play by getlost548

"Can we play?" asked Peter, pestering his older sister; his eyes shone as he looked at her, thinking she might actually play.

"No!" she yelled bluntly, taking a bite from her chocolate while reading '31 Days of Fright,' a book she found in the thorns in the backyard. She was bored, and she loved frightening herself; it was hilarious when she scared her friends. She'll have some good stories to tell at their next sleepover.

Peter's eyes turned dark and asked rudely, "rethink!"

"Nope."

"Your choice . . ."

"I'm happy with it."

"Look up!" he commanded in a sinister voice.

She clicked her tongue, rolled her eyes and sighed. "Typical," she thought,"I don't have time to play games!" Suddenly she felt something cold drip down her spine that made her whole body shiver. She slowly turned her head up, forcing her heart to slow down. "It's just Peter playing!" She thought, forcing the thought to become a reality. No such luck existed, she felt her face turn pale; her eyes bulged, and her heart skipped a beat.

The words, "I WILL KILL YOU!!" was beautifully embroidered on the wall above her. She put her hand down her back and felt the liquid slipping beneath her fingers; she brought it to her face. Blood. Red, scarlet blood. "Haha," she laughed hesitantly, "Nice joke, how did you get up there?"

"Charlie did."

"Charlie?"

"He wants to play!" Peter yelled enthusiastically, pulling a doll from behind his back; it was old, caked in dust. It had black hair, and red eyes and it had the smile of a snake plastered on its face.

"I want to play a game," said Peter. But it wasn't Peters' voice. It was more of an adults voice. Peter dropped the doll and produced a knife, painted with red liquid. Blood.

"What type of game?" she whispered, barely being able to breathe.

"Hide and seek. If I find you, I get to slice you, and if you don't find me, another slice. But if you find me, you win, and I leave. Can't wait to kill you! Okay?"

She nodded to the kid in front of her known as Peter, and yet, it wasn't Peter. His eyes turned red, and the snakelike smile was painted across his face too. It was as if the doll had become real.

"10, 9, 8 . . ." he melodically sang.

Realising what was happening, she ran. She ran and ran everywhere until she finally found a spot, under the bushes, in the garden.

The garden could have been mistaken for an ancient city; vines covered the walls and piles of thorns were in another. She figured that if she hid in the thorns, he wouldn't be able to get her. She squeezed herself in between, throwing more thorns over herself as camouflage. She breathed heavily, her heart practically pounding off her chest.She looked around, and a flash caught her eye, she looked to her left and saw a jet black material shine.

"I have time," she thought, "there could be something there to help me!" She quickly started to dig, completely forgetting about the last ten minutes of her life. Her nails hit something hard, and she stopped. She looked at the stone before her . . . "Here lies Charlie; he was young and beautiful. But he won't be missed." She re-read the last line.

"But he won't be missed." What? Her heavy breaths turned heavier as her mind whirled with questions and thoughts. Abruptly, she felt hot breath on her neck and an icy shiver down her spine.