Unexpected Visitor

Unexpected Visitor

I caught the bus home and went straight to my room. Mum was at work. She worked late most nights and tonight she wouldn’t be back till around 10pm so I had the house to myself. I was expecting Justin at 4 and it was 3:47 so I rushed for a shower and blow dried my hair. I’d tidied my room the night before so I only have to pick my pajamas up and Hoover. Then I was ready for when Justin rang the door bell at exactly 4:00pm. I answered and let Justin inside. He quickly glanced around the bland chocolate coloured room and then followed me upstairs to my room. I sat on my bed, legs crossed and he sat on the edge.

“Hi” I said

“Hi” He replied

“Do you mind if I just… try something?” I asked and he shook his head. I leaned close to his face and he looked deep into my eyes. He put both his hands on my face and at his touch my face tingled. He leaned more towards me and then his lips were on mine and the energy was raving. I knelt up and he reached to keep hold of my face and then I was sat again with my face squashed into his. He stood up and so did I. He let go of my face and I went to sit on my bed. He came and sat next to me and put his arm around me. I laid down taking him down with me and we lay there talking.

“I didn’t know when I moved here that I’d meet you or I would have come years ago” he said with a laugh. “This is going to sound strange but the other week you came to me in a dream and I didn’t know you but I knew I had to come here and then when I saw you. My mind was just blown” he said, looking at me from the corner of his eye at my reaction. And he got one.

“A dream?!” I exclaimed “Last night, you came to me in a dream and saved me from a car crash” I said

“I… What…” He said slowly. Then we heard a knock at the door, interrupting the silence.

“I’ll go.” I went downstairs and opened the door.

“Hello, Charlotte. Is Justin here as well?” Justin walked down the stairs tugging his t-shirt down over his chest. The woman at the door gave us both a look and I turned away nervously. She walked in.

“Erm… Do I know you?” I asked

“No. But you both should” She said in a sweet voice. She was medium-height and thin. She had hip-length jet black hair and jade green eyes. “Sit. Both of you” She said which seemed very rude in a strangers house. I don’t know why I did, or why I even didn’t kick her out but I felt like I had to hear what she had too say.

“Your mum will be back around 10 won’t see Charlotte? Good, that gives me enough time to explain and get you a bag packed” She said

“Excuse me, what? Bag packed? For what and what do you mean explain? I don’t even know you!” I was getting agitated.

“Your heritage. Both of you” She looked Justin up and down. “We’ll I see you’ve… Erm… Met. Good. I won’t have to waste time introducing you.”

“What?” I said “What are you talking about?”

“The Night Awakens” was all she replied

“What’s that meant to mean?” Justin chirped in

“It means when the you two have found each others. All creatures from the darkness awake. That makes them sound evil, how to put it? All the creatures from beyond this species are a better way”

“What do you mean?” I asked

“Oh, you know. Witches, Vampires, Werewolves, Mermaids, Centaurs.”

“W… W… What?!” Justin said

“Have you lost it? You walk into my house, knowing my name and all and then tell me that there are vampires and witches!”