Jordan

Jordan

“Good Morning” Lialouise said, knocking on the door and walking in holding two trays. On them were a glass of orange juice and two pancakes each. “Eat Up. Get Dressed and then there’s someone I’d like you both to meet.” I finished my pancakes first, so I got up and got dressed. I didn’t really care that Justin was in the room, and from what I saw in the mirror that hung on the wall, he was concentrating on his pancakes. I dressed in my cream jeans and put on a plain white t-shirt. I was rushing because I was curious who we could be meeting. Justin was ready about the same time as me after I’d brushed my hair and tied it in a high ponytail. We walked into the living room together and saw a boy sat on one of the chairs. He had brown hair, darker than Justin’s and brown eyes. His hair was thick on the top but shaved shorter around the edges. He must have been a bit younger than us, maybe 15. He was sat there smiling at Justin and Me but we just stared.

“Please Listen because this might be hard to hear, especially you Justin” Lialouise said, bringing a tray of tea in and setting it down on a small wooden table. “But this is Jordan. He’s your brother Justin.”

“My what?!” Justin was almost screaming “He can’t be! My brother was murdered! Is this some sort of sick joke?!”

“Justin, its true” Lialouise said

“My brother was killed!” he shouted

“Justin where’s your necklace?” The strange boy asked

“What?”

“Your necklace? Where is it?” I could tell Justin was reluctant but he got it out from behind his shirt.

“Look” Jordan said. He got something from around his neck and showed it Justin. On the back it read. ‘We love you. Mum and Dad’. Justin showed the back on his necklace and it read the same. He is my brother, Justin thought. I could hear it loud and clear and for a moment Justin’s face went blank.

“Justin. Can you remember when you went to that camp in London for a year? That was because your mother was pregnant with Jordan. She didn’t want you to know about him so she gave him up for adoption to a mortal couple.

“Why didn’t they give me up, or Carl?”

“I don’t know. I don’t think anyone does but her.”

“Well.” Jordan said

“Do you know something?” Justin said sitting opposite his brother

“They left me a note and told my adoptive parents to give it me on my 16th birthday”

“Do you have it?”

“Yes” He said handing Justin a piece of folded paper. It looked old but well-looked after. Justin read it out loud.

‘Jordan my dear,

I couldn’t bare leaving you without something from me. I have to at least give you an explanation. We didn’t want it to be this way but it has too. We want you to know who you are. Your name isn’t just Jordan, its Lord Jordan Peter Wilson of the Heaven Circle. The Heaven Circle is a circle of witches and you and your brother are there Leaders. This might be too much at the moment but please continue and let me tell you about your brother. Your brother’s name is Lord Justin Robert Wilson.  He is older than you but you each share the same blood which makes you equal to the running of the circle. I’m telling you all this because you need him. I fear that something is coming for us and I only did this to protect you. Justin is only young so we gave him all our powers to keep him save. You have another brother, Lord Carl Elijah Wilson. He had sacrificed himself to save Justin. I have confided in a good friend of mine to track you both down when the time is right. Please do what she asks of you and I promise you will be save.

We all love you both.

Mum, Dad and Carl.

Xxxxx

“My family sacrificed themselves to save me. They gave up their own lives for me” Justin said.

“They couldn’t save us both so they put me up for adoption and gave you their power.” Jordan said.

“No-one knew I’d even been born.” Justin gave him a sympathetic look and they sat and talked to each other for a while. Jordan explained what he’d been doing for the past 16 years and about his adoptive parents and Justin did the same. He also told Jordan about what had happened the previous day.

“So this is your soul mate?” Asked Jordan, Looking at me “It’s a pleasure to meet you” Jordan smiled, he reminded me of Justin when he smiled.

“It’s nice to meet you too” I replied. After a while of talking Justin and I went back to our bedroom to change into something better before our dinner was served.

“I can’t believe I have a brother” Justin said

“It’s a good thing isn’t it?”

“Of course, but I’ve always grown-up an only child”

“Well, he’s here now, and so am I. You won’t have to be lonely anymore.” A smile crept from his lips and I walked back into the living room, leaving Justin to get ready.

“So what have you been told about this all” I asked Jordan

“Nothing Really, I was explained too about Justin and about my Parents. About Garent Island and the Night Creatures but that’s it. What have you been told?”

“Roughly the same, only about my parents as well”

“Who are your parents? Vampires? Werewolves?”

“My father is the King of the Island. One of my relatives founded the Island. Apparently I’m here because I’m a royal but I’m not sure I want to be.”

“Your part of the royal family?” He asked, Flabbergasted

“I guess” He looked at me astonished. “So my brother is going to be a King?” He asked

“I… I don’t know” I replied, uncertain. I walked towards the stove where Lialouise was cooking

“Lialouise, What’s the whole thing with soul mates?” I asked. She put the wooden spoon on the side and sat down on a step. She patted the space next to her so I sat.

“Soul mates are meant to be like friends. Like one best friend in the whole world who is always there, no matter what and always listening. Your meant to know they’re your soul mate without hesitation and know you’re meant to be together”

“Does everyone end up with their soul mate?”

“No. Some people don’t because they choose not to. Sometimes, things get in the way. Jobs, Children all sorts.”

“Do you have a soul mate?”

“Yes.”

“What’s he like?”

“To me, he’s the handsomest guy on the planet. He had caramel coloured hair and the sweetest brown eyes” Lialouise had her eyes closed and I could tell she was picturing him because she had a sweet smile on her face. “He’s a whizz at dancing, my George is” She said with a grin “And not half bad at singing” She chuckled then got back up to the stove. I got the hint that she was away from George and she missed him terribly so I went to sit down next to Justin who was talking again to Jordan. I didn’t really listen to the conversation; I was too busy thinking about me and Justin. Were we going to end up being together? Lialouise served us our dinner which was chicken salad and we all sat down together.

“So where are you from?” I asked Jordan

“I’m from a little town called Chesterfield, in Derbyshire.”

“I’ve heard of that. Derbyshire's mentioned in Pride and Prejudice, Right?” 

"Yeh" He replied and then we started a conversation on books, movies etc. The conversations went on like this until after we’d finished eating and the plates had been cleared. The subject then changed.