Hero

As I sit here and wonder what may be your hero. Or what or who may be my hero. I sit and think to myself. As I lay here thinking about my girl she says to me "You're my hero baby" and I look at her and I just stare in her eyes. I stare not only to just be rude and not say thank you or that I appreciate it. But because I have nothing to say. Now some will say "well what were you thinking?" Or "is she your hero?" Nobody is my hero. Nobody is each other hero's. I wanna thank my Dad and Mom for giving me this life. The life that I breathe every piece of air particle. Even though sometimes I wanna just stop breathing it all in. I wanna thank Arianna for being a little sister to me and my best friend. Thank you for listening to me in the middle of the night when I had nobody else to talk to. Thank you for laughing and smiling with me all night and not giving any care in the world at that moment. I wanna thank my friends. For being by my side through the hard and tough moments of my life. But most of all I wanna thank Jesse. For sticking with me for almost a year. Weather or not we're together or not. Thank you for always keeping that smile on my face and my laughing tears that fall down my face when I'm with you.
Back to what I was saying to the whole hero thing. I want you. You who is reading this to ask yourself. "Who is my hero?"
While my girlfriend lays here with me in our bed and tells me I'm her hero. I wanna tell you who I think is my hero. So to my hero. That's who I chase. Now when I was 5years old, I had a very important person in my life come to me and say "who's your hero?" And I said, "I don't know, I gotta think about that. Give me a couple of weeks." I come back two weeks later, this person comes up and says "who's your hero?" I said, "I thought about it. You know who it is? It's me in 10 years." So I turned 15 Ten years later, that same person comes to me and says, "So, are you a hero?" And I was like, "not even close. No, no, no." She said, "Why?" I said, "Because my hero's me at 18." So you see!  Every day, every week, every month and every year! Of my life, my hero's always 10 years ahead of me. I'm never gonna be my hero. I'm never gonna be someone else's hero. I'm not gonna attain that. I know I'm not. And that's just fine with me because that keeps me with somebody to keep on chasing, my girlfriend. So, to any of us, whatever those things are, whatever it is we look up to, whatever it is we look forward to and whoever it is we're chasing, to that I say, "Amen." To that I say, "Alright, alright, alright." To that I say "just keep living." Thank you.