THIRTY-ØNE

"Bonjour fille d'anniversaire" Simon said kissing Zoe's hand whereas Josh walked around them and came over to me and gave me a sweet kiss

"Bonjour Monsieur" Zoe said back"Cringe" Josh whispered to me"Proper Cringe" I whispered back"You two go, have fun. Not too much fun because Simon Minter I will kill you" I said pointing at him as Zoe flipped me off and I closed the door."Hmm, is this an empty apartment?" Josh pulled me closer to him his hand round my waist"We have work to do" I said giving him a kiss and we walked into my room. I know how it sounds but no we need to get something and go into Zoe's room."How about when we finish?" He asked pulling me closer again but from behind as I bent over to grab Zoe's last present."We could watch TV" I laughed"Come on throw the dog a bone here Lex" He whined "Don't think you've been good enough for a bone, maybe if you can do this you'll get a treat" I said he smirked at the innuendos. He slapped my ass as we walked out of my room, Someone's feeling horny today I thought."So where do you want it?" He asked "Above the bed?" I questioned my decision, I got Josh to hold the present there so I could look."Perfect" I smiled getting Josh to nail it in place. I started to untangle some of the fairy lights so he could put those up as well."Be carful" I said as this present wasn't the most expensive but it meant the most to me."Careful" I said again "CAREFUL" I shouted by accident"Okay, you know what for the rest of my life, I will be careful until told otherwise" He said "Sorry" I said smiling at how he got a friend's reference in there, I am such a friend's geek.A while later once finished I stood back and Josh came next to me, I looked at it and got a bit emotional. Josh pulled me in for a hug, he kissed my forehead and rested his chin on my head."You're an amazing friend, Lex" He said softly "I love you" He said softly again, I looked up at him we hadn't said this to each other yet,"I love you too" I smiled and he kissed me passionately. When we broke we stood there I was admiring it and he stood with his arm around my shoulder and I held his hand as it just hung off my shoulder.-"I have one more present for you" I said as Zoe and Simon came home."Okay!" She said excited, the boys started to follow us."Lads can you wait out here for this one please?" I asked them, they both nodded and went over to the sofa."Okay so I didn't tell you about this one because I needed to set it up and I really hope you like it" I said as we stood outside of her door. I opened the door and we walked in, she took one look at the wall and I saw her hand clasp over her mouth. She walked closer to the string of photos and admired each one individually she got to the 17th photo and lingered on it a little longer, I heard her sniff as I assumed she was crying a bit so was I. Once she had been through every picture she walked back over to me crying, I engulfed her in a hug. I had made a string of photos from everyone of her birthdays the first one was of our mums together pregnant and then the day Zoe was born and I was with her. She lingered on the 17th photo of us on her 15th birthday because that was the day our dads were in a car crash, that resulted in my father's death. He died before he made it to the hospital and her dad had serious injuries but managed to live. That photo was bit larger than the others because it really meant a lot to both of us, we were there for each other then and it was a hard time."I'm so glad I have you in my life Lex" She sniffed, still hugging me."I'm so happy we met, and I got the most amazing person in my life" I said"This is so beautiful," She said letting go and grabbing the box of tissues on her bedside table. "Can we come in now?" The boys whispered from the doorway as I had left the door half open."Yes come in" Zoe said wiping her tears, each boy went to the side, with me and Zoe in the middle."I have this as well, come let's go to the sofa and we can look at them" I said handing her a hard cover binder which I filled with loads of photos. We looked through them all laughing some emotional ones and some embarrassing ones and explaining load of stories to the boys. I left loads of space for her to fill with new memories we'll make in the future. I am so lucky to have my best friend I don't know what I'd do with out the girl.