Chapter 10

Hey everyone! Sorry this chapter so late... I was having a lot of wattpad troubles. :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 10

When it was time to leave the park I had Jace drop me off at Simon's house, giving him a goodnight kiss and a promise to text him later.

I knocked on the door and to my utter surprise, it was Izzy who answered it. She was dressed in sweats yet somehow still looked like a model. When she saw me she started to blush and gave me a small greeting.

"Oh! Um... Hi, Clary! What are you doing here?" She stammered.

I gave her a patronizing look. "I could ask you the same thing. Is Simon home?" She didn't have to answer because right then Simon's unruly hair popped up behind her.

"I have a twenty but not a ten. Do you have any change?" He looked up," Oh Clary! You aren't the pizza guy. Where were you today?" His face was scrunched up with worry and I instantly felt a twinge of guilt.

I didn't tell him where I was. I gave him a look that said I would explain later, once Izzy had left. He gave a slight nod and turned to Izzy but before he could say anything Izzy grabbed my hands and pulled me inside.

"Come on in. We were about to start watching Star Wars. Simon promised he would show me what it was." Izzy said brightly. I couldn't stop the laugh that bubbled in my throat. Izzy? Watching Star Wars? This I had to see.

"Pass me another slice," Simon grumbled from my right. We were sitting on the couch watching the final movie. Izzy was between Simon and me, her head in his lap.

"Simon you ate the last piece three hours ago." There was a sigh of disappointment and I heard Izzy yawn. She slowly got up and seemed dazed. She checked her phone and jumped.

"I've got 6 missed calls and 14 texts from Alec! He probably thinks I'm dead or something! I'm sorry Simon but I have to go! I had so much fun." With that, she bent down and gave him a kiss. Feeling embarrassed I turned away until I felt Izzy hug me. "Bye Clary see you tomorrow at
school or I guess just later today."

I chuckled silently and turned to see Simon sitting dazed, his hand touching his lip. I waved my hand in front of his face and he snapped out of it.

"Sorry for not telling you where I was Simon. I totally forgot. I went to see my mom and then I went for a walk and just got distracted." I slowly came to a stop after seeing the look of disbelief on his face.

"You're trying to tell me you got distracted for TWO WHOLE DAYS? 'cause that's how long you were gone, Clary. Shit, I had thought something horrible had happened! You show up to my house injured and crying then disappear for two days! Was it Jonathan? Clary, I'm not as
dumb as I seem. It was obvious something was up when you kept asking to stay over all summer. Did you really think your best friend wouldn't notice the bruises? I just thought it would be better if I let you handle it. I gave you your space but if he is still hurting
you I can't sit around and watch."

I stared at him in shock. He knew. Did I just have a sign on my forehead that read, " ABUSED"? I couldn't find the words to say so I just wrapped my arms around him and muttered, "I am so sorry." I slowly started to cry and he held onto me until it passed. I looked at the TV and realized the movie was over and the screen was blue.

I took a deep breath and looked back at Simon. He was there for me all this time and I had abandoned him without a second thought for a boy I hadn't even known for a week. Simon pulled back and looked me in the eyes, "You can tell me anything. I have been here for you since we were little kids; I'm not going to leave now."

"You saw the bruises and cuts and you know that it's Jonathan's fault. I just felt if I told everything to you that you would treat me differently," he tried to argue this but I held up my hand to stop him. "Let me finish. I felt that it made me less of a person but recently I have come to see that it isn't my fault. The only thing we can do is avoid him. If anyone else finds out I will be taken away and won't be able to see you or anyone anymore."